* XeLaTeX or ConTeXt?
       [not found] <BANLkTi=WAuTWnKBwHDuMQGcqmqGWBmOPVg@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2011-06-10 11:17 ` Peter Davis
From: Peter Davis @ 2011-06-10 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm still wrestling with this issue of doing InDesign-like documents.  Does
ConTeXt provide a way to simulate multiple "stories" or flows of text?  For
example, suppose I have a newspaper with two articles on page 1.  One of
them continues on page 2, and the other on page 3.  Is there a way to do
that?

Alternatively, I could consider plain TeX or LuaTeX, but I know very little
about either of those.  I'm prepared to learn, but I'd like to get some
hints about what seems like the likliest path to produce this kind of
document.

Thank you!
-pd

From: luigi scarso @ 2011-06-10 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 1:17 PM, Peter Davis <pfd@pfdstudio.com> wrote:
The Subject says  "XeLaTeX or ConTeXt ?" and the answer is ConTeXt, of course.
At least because not many here  know very much XeLaTeX.

> I'm still wrestling with this issue of doing InDesign-like documents.  Does
> ConTeXt provide a way to simulate multiple "stories" or flows of text?  For
> example, suppose I have a newspaper with two articles on page 1.  One of
> them continues on page 2, and the other on page 3.  Is there a way to do
> that?
You can see
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Columns#Columnsets
and
http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/columns.pdf

--
luigi

* Re: XeLaTeX or ConTeXt?
@ 2011-06-10 11:27   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-06-10 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 10.06.2011 um 13:17 schrieb Peter Davis:

> I'm still wrestling with this issue of doing InDesign-like documents.  Does ConTeXt provide a way to simulate multiple "stories" or flows of text?  For example, suppose I have a newspaper with two articles on page 1.  One of them continues on page 2, and the other on page 3.  Is there a way to do that?

Not yet because nobody needed this feature yet but the mechanism to write a command for this is available.

Wolfgang