* m-bib and numeric references
@ 2003-05-20  9:53 Maarten Sneep
From: Maarten Sneep @ 2003-05-20  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I use the bibliography module for my references, and I have trouble
setting it up like I want it.

1) I want to use numeric references, like [1] in the text. I'm getting
a nice numbered list,
    but no numbers in the text, just [??]. What do I do wrong, according
to the docs this should work.

Below are the relevant lines from my setup:

% bibliography
\setupbibtex[database={ljname,references},sort=no]
\setuppublications[alternative=apa]
\setuppublications[sorttype=cite, criterium=used, numbering=yes,
autohang=yes, refcommand=num]
\setupcite[num][compress=yes,pubsep={, },lastpubsep={,
},inbetween={--},left={[}, right={]}]
\setupheadtext[en][pubs=Bibliography]

2) A minor other question, how do I right-align the numbers in the
list, like
  ..
  ..
  8.
  9.
10.
11.

you get the idea ;-)

Regards,

Maarten

Mad, adj.:  Affected with a high degree of intellectual independence.

* Re: m-bib and numeric references
@ 2003-05-20 11:31 ` Maarten Sneep
From: Maarten Sneep @ 2003-05-20 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi again,

I don't like follow ups to one's own post, but anyway:

On dinsdag, mei 20, 2003, at 11:53 Europe/Amsterdam, Maarten Sneep
wrote:
> I use the bibliography module for my references, and I have trouble
> setting it up like I want it.
>
> 1) I want to use numeric references, like [1] in the text. I'm getting
> a nice numbered list,
>    but no numbers in the text, just [??]. What do I do wrong,
> according to the docs this should work.
>
> Below are the relevant lines from my setup:
>
> % bibliography
> \setupbibtex[database={ljname,references},sort=no]
> \setuppublications[alternative=apa]
> \setuppublications[sorttype=cite, criterium=used, numbering=yes,
> autohang=yes, refcommand=num]
> \setupcite[num][compress=yes,pubsep={, },lastpubsep={,
> },inbetween={--},left={[}, right={]}]
> \setupheadtext[en][pubs=Bibliography]

I get warnings in my log file:
     publications   : warning: cite argument rayleigh1899 unknown on 27
etc.

When using non-numeric references, I do not get these warnings. All
data seems to be there in the tuo file.

Not solved (still looking, but help is appreciated).

> 2) A minor other question, how do I right-align the numbers in the
> list.

Solved.

3) Discovered a new problem: The whole thesis is set on a grid. But the
bibliography silently ignores the grid. Where do I start to look?

Maarten