* Unexpected results...
@ 2015-04-03 10:56 Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2015-04-03 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG-Context ConTeXt users

Good afternoon,

I downloaded the latest beta: current version: 2015.04.01 12:00

What i detect is not related to the latest version, but I think it is good to test with it…

1. When using the command \starthead..\stophead in an itemize with head style set to bold, not only the head gets bold but the whole item. On the other hand if using \head then it works ok.

2. I use a lot \Milli\Meter. When loading the module with \usemodule[units] it works fine. But in the log there is a message that this is an obsolete module. - This is unfortunately not true, because when not loading the module the compilation stops with an error of an undefined control sequence.

I would be glad if this could be checked. Thank you so much.

Kind regards

Willi

[-- Attachment #2: test.tex --]

% Context file
% Filename: test.tex

\setupitemgroup[itemize][each][symbol=2,headstyle=bold]
\usemodule[units]
\starttext
	\startitemize
		\startitem
			This is a normal item.
		\stopitem

		\head Head A\par

		This is an item without start-stop

		\starthead
			Head

			This is an item with header Measure 50 \Milli\Meter
		\stophead
		\starthead
			Head \par

			This is another item with header, after header \type{\par}
		\stophead

	\stopitemize
\stoptext

* Re: Unexpected results...
@ 2015-04-03 17:24 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2015-04-03 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 03.04.2015 um 12:56 schrieb Willi Egger <context@boede.nl>:
>
> Good afternoon,
>
> I downloaded the latest beta: current version: 2015.04.01 12:00
>
> What i detect is not related to the latest version, but I think it is good to test with it…
>
> 1. When using the command \starthead..\stophead in an itemize with head style set to bold, not only the head gets bold but the whole item. On the other hand if using \head then it works ok.

The \starthead command takes the head text as argument, e.g. \starthead{Head A}

> 2. I use a lot \Milli\Meter. When loading the module with \usemodule[units] it works fine. But in the log there is a message that this is an obsolete module. - This is unfortunately not true, because when not loading the module the compilation stops with an error of an undefined control sequence.

The built-in unit mechanism uses a different syntax and has more options than the old units module.

\starttext

\startitemize
	\starthead{Units}
		\unit{1000 milli meter}
	\stophead
\stopitemize

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Unexpected results...
@ 2015-04-03 21:02   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2015-04-03 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG-Context ConTeXt users

Hello Wolfgang,

thank you for your explanation. - Sometimes it is difficult to remember all the changes that have taken place. Specially when one works again on older projects which were setup for MKII …

Thanks!

Willi
> On 3 apr. 2015, at 19:24, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Am 03.04.2015 um 12:56 schrieb Willi Egger <context@boede.nl>:
>>
>> Good afternoon,
>>
>> I downloaded the latest beta: current version: 2015.04.01 12:00
>>
>> What i detect is not related to the latest version, but I think it is good to test with it…
>>
>> 1. When using the command \starthead..\stophead in an itemize with head style set to bold, not only the head gets bold but the whole item. On the other hand if using \head then it works ok.
>
> The \starthead command takes the head text as argument, e.g. \starthead{Head A}
>
>> 2. I use a lot \Milli\Meter. When loading the module with \usemodule[units] it works fine. But in the log there is a message that this is an obsolete module. - This is unfortunately not true, because when not loading the module the compilation stops with an error of an undefined control sequence.
>

> The built-in unit mechanism uses a different syntax and has more options than the old units module.
>
> \starttext
>
> \startitemize
> 	\starthead{Units}
> 		\unit{1000 milli meter}
> 	\stophead
> \stopitemize
>
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang

* Re: Unexpected results...
@ 2015-04-05 19:19   ` Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد
From: Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد @ 2015-04-05 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear gang,

On Fri, 03 Apr 2015 11:24:19 -0600, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> wrote:

> The \starthead command takes the head text as argument, e.g.
> \starthead{Head A}

Suggestion: Related to another thread

http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2015/081591.html

Would it not make more sense to have something like

\starthead[title=Head A]

This gives us consistency with \start-stopsection, and also gives us
better x(ht)ml export control without having to add another start-stop.

Best wishes
Idris
--
Idris Samawi Hamid