* Framedtext in a float
@ 2016-10-31 23:12 Fabrice Couvreur
From: Fabrice Couvreur @ 2016-10-31 23:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
How to make the width of framedtext automatically adapts to its contents.
Fabrice

\definefloat
   [recipe]
   [figure]

\setupfloat
   [recipe]
   [default={right,none}]

\definecolor[MyColorA][r=0.8784, g=0.8784, b=0.8784]
\definecolor[MyColorB][c=0.00,m=0.27,y=1.00,k=0.00]

\defineframedtext
  [MyFrame]
  [before={\blank},
   after={\blank},
   frame=off,
   background=MyFrame,
   width=6cm,
   height=fit]

\startuseMPgraphic{MyFrame}
 path b;
 picture p;
 p := textext.rt("\tfx\white\framedtextparameter{Title}");
 p := p shifted (2BodyFontSize,OverlayHeight-ypart center p+.25ExHeight);
 b := boundingbox p enlarged .3EmWidth ;
 fill OverlayBox withcolor \MPcolor{MyColorA};
 fill b withcolor \MPcolor{MyColorB} ;
 draw p ;
 setbounds currentpicture to boundingbox currentpicture enlarged 2mm ;
\stopuseMPgraphic

\defineoverlay
  [MyFrame]
  [\useMPgraphic{MyFrame}]

  \starttext

  \placerecipe{}{
  \startMyFrame[Title=Info]
  L'histogramme est constitué de rectangles dont les bases correspondent
aux classes et dont les aires sont proportionnelles aux effectifs ou
fréquences des classes.
  \stopMyFrame}

  \input Knuth

  \stoptext

* Re: Framedtext in a float
@ 2016-11-01  7:51 ` Marco Patzer
From: Marco Patzer @ 2016-11-01  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Tue, 1 Nov 2016 00:12:37 +0100
Fabrice Couvreur <fabrice1.couvreur@gmail.com> wrote:

> How to make the width of framedtext automatically adapts to its
> contents.
>
> […]
>
> \defineframedtext
>   [MyFrame]
>   [before={\blank},
>    after={\blank},
>    frame=off,
>    background=MyFrame,
>    width=6cm,
   align=tolerant,
>    height=fit]
>
> […]

You can use \showframe to visualise the frames and check what's
going on.

Marco

* Re: Framedtext in a float
@ 2016-11-01  8:23 ` Piotr Kopszak
From: Piotr Kopszak @ 2016-11-01  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Just use
\startMyFrame[Title=Info]
\setupalign[hyphenated,morehyphenation,verytolerant]

Piotr

http://okle.pl

* Re: Framedtext in a float
@ 2016-11-01  9:47   ` Fabrice Couvreur
From: Fabrice Couvreur @ 2016-11-01  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
The option align = tolerant rule one of the problems I may encounter.
But I wonder
if it's possible that I should not choose myself width = 6cm to fit the
text. If I have to use the command several times with different content,
how make ?
Thank you
Fabrice

* Re: Framedtext in a float
@ 2016-11-01 10:17     ` Piotr Kopszak
From: Piotr Kopszak @ 2016-11-01 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

You mean, you effectively want ConTeXt to choose best proportions for
the framed text on its own? I guess very few designers would agree for
that, if any.

http://okle.pl

* Re: Framedtext in a float
@ 2016-11-01 11:09       ` Fabrice Couvreur
From: Fabrice Couvreur @ 2016-11-01 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Okay, so to change locally, I do this :

\placerecipe{}{
    \setupframedtexts[MyFrame][width=10cm]
    \startMyFrame[Title=One]
  \stopMyFrame}
  \placerecipe{}{
    \setupframedtexts[MyFrame][width=8cm]
    \startMyFrame[Title=Two]
  \stopMyFrame}
  \placerecipe{}{
    \startMyFrame[Title=Three]
  \stopMyFrame}

> You mean, you effectively want ConTeXt to choose best proportions for
> the framed text on its own? I guess very few designers would agree for
> that, if any.

> > Hello,
> > The option align = tolerant rule one of the problems I may encounter.
> But I
> > wonder if it's possible that I should not choose myself width = 6cm to
> fit
> > the text. If I have to use the command several times with different
> content,
> > how make ?
> > Thank you
> > Fabrice

> >> Just use
> >> \startMyFrame[Title=Info]
> >> \setupalign[hyphenated,morehyphenation,verytolerant]
> >>
> >> Piotr

> >:

> correspondent

> _______________________
> >>

> >> --
> >> http://okle.pl

> _______________________

> _______________________
>

> --
> http://okle.pl

* Re: Framedtext in a float
@ 2016-11-05 14:48       ` Alan Braslau
From: Alan Braslau @ 2016-11-05 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sounds something like how PowerPoint works (but adjusting point size to fit a frame...).

Alan

> On 1 Nov 2016, at 04:17, Piotr Kopszak <kopszak@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> You mean, you effectively want ConTeXt to choose best proportions for
> the framed text on its own? I guess very few designers would agree for
> that, if any.

* Re: Framedtext in a float
@ 2016-11-05 14:55         ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2016-11-05 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)