Hi Axel, All, You have mentioned that most current ebook readers can not display MathML. Well, the problem lies in the epub guidelines for the readers. The problem is even worse. many readers do not even implement the full HTML5 standard. though that is the standard used in the latest epub stadnard. The fact is to be considered epub readers the do not have to, it is a problem of the epub reader definition. The problem is what should ConTeXt output? Should it output code that implements according to the full epub standard OR JUST what is handled by most epub readers! IMHO : ConTeXt should not output XHMTL for epub, but HMTL5. Yes, yes, I know XHMTL is part of HMTL5. Another question for me is if ConTeXt should also output code for the iBooks epub format, (Basicaly epub, but some extras). There are thing you can do in/with ConTeXt that would work with iBooks that do not in „ordinary“ epub books. Then, there is the Kindle format one might want to consider! Another, question which needs investigation is if the ConTeXt output for epub, also, implementing the fallbacks for missing features which is required? Just some added thoughts. Basically, you can only expect ConTeXts epub output to be a starting point that then has to be tweak. regards Keith. > Am 17.02.2015 um 07:11 schrieb Axel Kielhorn : > > [...] > Yes I know. > Let me rephrase the question: > > Should the symbols used in epub be identical to those used in the pdf or should the css determine the look of the symbols? > Especially when one considers that most current ebook readers can't display MathML. > > Even if I substitute the Symbols: > > \definesymbol[uni1][•] > \definesymbol[uni2][–] > \definesymbol[uni3][*] > \definesymbol[uni4][·] > > \setupitemgroup [itemize] [1] [symbol=uni1] > \setupitemgroup [itemize] [2] [symbol=uni2] > \setupitemgroup [itemize] [3] [symbol=uni3] > \setupitemgroup [itemize] [4] [symbol=uni4] > > I get a result that neither ADE nor Calibre interprets as a list. > (Wrapping it in doesn't help.) >