* alignment of figures
@ 2005-10-19 13:19 Jörg Hagmann
From: Jörg Hagmann @ 2005-10-19 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list members,

I want to have figures arranged as follows:
1. Figures smaller than 0.5 textwidth at the inner margin, text
flowing arround figure.
2. Between 0.5 and 1*textwidth in the middle, no text flowing.
3.Figures wider than textwidth aligned with the inner margin of the
textblock and sticking out into the (wide) outer margin.

I found out how to do the first 2 (from "Details") but couldn't
figure out the last one. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot.
Jörg

* alignment of figures
@ 2002-03-15 16:34 Karsten Hachmeister
From: Karsten Hachmeister @ 2002-03-15 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I want to place one figures in the text and margin area, so that it is
larger than the textarea.

          text          margin
+---------------------+--------+
| text text text text |        |
|                     |        |
| +--------------------------+ |
| | figure                   | |
| +--------------------------+ |
|           figure 1           |
|                     |        |
| text text text text |        |
| text text text text |        |

I have tried two methods to reach this, but I have problems with both.

1. I used this command:

   \placefigure
   [left][fig:figure]
   {figure}
   {\externalfigure[figure][width=1.333\textwidth]}

The picture is placed like the example above, but the next paragraph is
placed right of the figure.

2. I used this command:

   \placefigure
   [][fig:figure]
   {figure}
   {\leftaligned{\externalfigure[figure][width=1.333\textwidth]}}

The picture is placed like the example above, but the caption of the figure
is in the middle of the text area, so it is not in the middle of the figure.

Is there a special command I haven't found or how can I realize this?

--
Karsten Hachmeister