From: Robert Blackstone <blackstone.robert@gmail.com>
To: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Re: Bibliography: printing just Single Author et al.
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 22:31:23 +0200	[thread overview]

On 7 May 2015, at 12:00 , Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>

> Is there any trick that would allow liming the number of listed
> authors on per-article basis? Simply specifying
>    author = "Just Someone et al.",
> ?
>
> (MkIV, experimental reimplementation.)

Hello Mojca,
The trick that I would use, in fact the procedure that I always use, is not to use bib-files but to separately generate the bbl-file and input that.
ConTeXt uses the .bbl, and once you have that you can tweak it in (almost) any way you like. You could if necessary, make two or more versions of the same publication, for instance in a footnote “Just Someone et al.” and in the Bibliography the complete list of Authors of that publication.
For my Bibliographic data I even needed three versions of each entry, one with authorname, to use your example, “Someone, Just” in the Bibliography, “Just Someone” for footnotes, the first occurrence, and “Someone” with a short book- or article title for all susequent occurrences.
No problem when you use the .bbl. Obviously the different versions should have (slightly) diiferent cite-keys.
(And take care not to input the .bib-file, since each time you process the thing a fresh .bbl is created wiping out all your modifications.)

I hope it solves your problem.

Best regards,

Robert Blackstone