* letter booklet
@ 2015-01-25 22:15 John Kitzmiller
From: John Kitzmiller @ 2015-01-25 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Desired outcome: a multipage booklet on letter size paper with margins lined up when duplex printed and folded.

Using imposition with [letter][letter,landscape] did not work, so to start I used:

\definepapersize[booklet][width=140mm,height=216mm]
\setuppapersize[booklet][letter,landscape]
\setuparranging[2UP,doublesided]
\setuplayout[width=115mm,
  leftedge=0mm,
  leftmargin=0mm,
  backspace=15mm,
  rightmargin=0mm,
  rigthedge=0mm]
\showframe
\starttext
\dorecurse{8}{\input Ward \page}
\stoptext

but the inside and outside margins do not line up. Where is the elegant path?

Thanks, John

* Re: letter booklet
@ 2015-01-25 23:09 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2015-01-25 23:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 25.01.2015 um 23:15 schrieb John Kitzmiller <kitz@inradius.net>:
>
> Desired outcome: a multipage booklet on letter size paper with margins lined up when duplex printed and folded.
>
> Using imposition with [letter][letter,landscape] did not work, so to start I used:
>
> \definepapersize[booklet][width=140mm,height=216mm]
> \setuppapersize[booklet][letter,landscape]
> \setuparranging[2UP,doublesided]
> \setuplayout[width=115mm,
>  leftedge=0mm,
>  leftmargin=0mm,
>  backspace=15mm,
>  rightmargin=0mm,
>  rigthedge=0mm]
> \showframe
> \starttext
> \dorecurse{8}{\input Ward \page}
> \stoptext
>
> but the inside and outside margins do not line up. Where is the elegant path?

1. Set your document doublesided with

2. Reduce the width of the backspace

\setuplayout[backspace=10mm]

Wolfgang