On Feb 17, 2014, at 5:51 PM, ntg-context-request@ntg.nl wrote: > On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 9:23 PM, John Kitzmiller wrote: >> I attempted to put ConTeXt minimal on Samsung chromebook and got: >> Error: your system "Linux armv7l" is not supported yet. >> Please report to the ConTeXt mailing-list (ntg-context@ntg.nl) >> >> This is not a request to support the armv7l (unless it is trivial) but, >> >> is it futile to attempt installing minimal on a chromebook with Intel ATOM N570, or Intel Celeron-867? (If I had them at hand I would try.) > > It is trivial provided that someone is willing to compile the latest > LuaTeX. Well, there might be some issues with different flavours of > arm architectures (I'm not sure how to distinguish one from another). > > Can you please try if these binaries work (there are two arm binaries, > I'm not sure which ones are the proper ones)? > - http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/bin/ > Or if you are able to install TeX Live? > - http://www.tug.org/texlive/acquire-netinstall.html > > If so, I'll add the necessary architecture to the list. I installed Ubuntu on the chromebook using crouton (http://lifehacker.com/how-to-install-linux-on-a-chromebook-and-unlock-its-ful-509039343) and then apt-get context which gave a texlive version for armhf; also got vim and evince. From terminal under Ubuntu, which runs on top of ChromeOS, context foo.tex compiled a Hello World and a \startMPpage figure. That much worked. This made me think the link for armhf-linux above might work without Ubuntu, but I am not skilled enough to use the trunk/Master--I got a text sym-link and a 7.3mb luatex file that I can not yet make executable (command not found.) The texlive/acquire-netinstall results in 'Permission denied' even with sudo on the chromebook. I have not yet tried Martin's approach with the .deb files but wanted to report back and thank you both for your suggestions. John