Hi all, I try to make-up an old book... Due to the fact that it is a scientific text there are footnotes: about 70 I have them all in buffers. However when saying \footnote{\getbuffer[1]} I get an ugly new line in the footnote at the bottom of the page. - How to prevent this unnecessary hard-return? Secondly there is a problem with the numbering when the footnote is called from a tabulate-environment. In place of starting with 1 it starts with 2. The most strange thing is, that in case of two footnotes in tabulate the numbering even starts with 3. I need to refer to the reference of footnotes. So if the first footnote is \footnote[1]{\getbuffer[1]} I say \note[1] where it is needed. However I get the double questionmark for a missing reference. I would be happy to finalize this book, but ... Willi