* \setupitemgroup...
@ 2015-10-07  8:26 Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2015-10-07  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG-Context ConTeXt users

Hi all,

I tried to setup itemization on three levels. However I do not get the desired result. The setup does not make level one numbered, level two a-b-c and level three with center-dot.

What am I missing?

Kind regards

Willi

\setupitemgroup
	[itemize]
	[1]
	[packed]
	[n,after=]

\setupitemgroup
	[itemize]
	[2]
	[packed]
	[a,after=]

\setupitemgroup
	[itemize]
	[3]
	[packed,after=]
	[1]

\starttext
	\startitemize
		\startitem
			Level 1
			\startitemize
				Level 2
			\stopitemize
			\startitemize
				Level 2
				\startitemize
					\startitem
						Level 3
					\stopitem
					\startitem
						Level 3
					\stopitem
				\stopitemize
			\stopitemize
		\stopitem
		\startitem
			Level 1
		\stopitem
	\stopitemize
		More text \dots
\stoptext

* Re: \setupitemgroup...
@ 2015-10-07  8:53 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2015-10-07  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Willi Egger <mailto:context@boede.nl>
> 7. Oktober 2015 um 10:26
> Hi all,
>
> I tried to setup itemization on three levels. However I do not get the
> desired result. The setup does not make level one numbered, level two
> a-b-c and level three with center-dot.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Willi
>
> \setupitemgroup
> [itemize]
> [1]
> [packed]
> [n,after=]
You have keywords and assignments in the same argument which is not
supported by context. Change your \setupitemgroup settings to

     \setupitemgroup
       [itemize]
       [1]
       [packed,n]
       [before=]

and it works.

Wolfgang

* Re: \setupitemgroup...
@ 2015-10-07  9:27   ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2015-10-07  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Wolfgang and Willi,

Indeed the observation made by Wolfgang is correct, but even upon following those instructions, somehow the level 2 does not work as expected:

Best regards: OK
PS: Please see the example below:

\setupitemgroup
      [itemize]
      [1]
      [packed,n]
      [after=]

\setupitemgroup
      [itemize]
      [2]
      [packed,a]
      [after=]
\setupitemgroup
      [itemize]
      [3]
      [packed,r]
      [after=]

\starttext
	\startitemize
		\startitem
			Level 1
			\startitemize
				Level 2
			\stopitemize
			\startitemize
				Level 2
				\startitemize
					\startitem
						Level 3
					\stopitem
					\startitem
						Level 3
					\stopitem
				\stopitemize
			\stopitemize
		\stopitem
		\startitem
			Level 1
		\stopitem
	\stopitemize
		More text \dots
\stoptext

> On 07 Oct 2015, at 10:53, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Willi Egger <mailto:context@boede.nl> 7. Oktober 2015 um 10:26
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I tried to setup itemization on three levels. However I do not get the desired result. The setup does not make level one numbered, level two a-b-c and level three with center-dot.
>>
>> What am I missing?
>>
>> Kind regards
>>
>> Willi
>>
>> \setupitemgroup
>> [itemize]
>> [1]
>> [packed]
>> [n,after=]
> You have keywords and assignments in the same argument which is not supported by context. Change your \setupitemgroup settings to
>
>     \setupitemgroup
>       [itemize]
>       [1]
>       [packed,n]
>       [before=]
>
> and it works.
>
> Wolfgang

* Re: \setupitemgroup...
@ 2015-10-07  9:45     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2015-10-07  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Otared Kavian <mailto:otared@gmail.com>
> 7. Oktober 2015 um 11:27
> Hi Wolfgang and Willi,
>
> Indeed the observation made by Wolfgang is correct, but even upon
> following those instructions, somehow the level 2 does not work as
> expected:

You forgot the \item for the second level entries.

Wolfgang

* Re: \setupitemgroup...
@ 2015-10-07 10:13       ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2015-10-07 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG-Context ConTeXt users

Wolfgan and Otared,

thanks! - stupid me, this version i had before, but then I concentrated on the level two and  messed it up.

It appears, that the level two does not accept any symbol like 1,r,a.

Kind regards

Willi
> On 7 okt. 2015, at 11:45, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Otared Kavian 7. Oktober 2015 um 11:27
>> Hi Wolfgang and Willi,
>>
>> Indeed the observation made by Wolfgang is correct, but even upon following those instructions, somehow the level 2 does not work as expected:
>>
> You forgot the \item for the second level entries.
>
> Wolfgang

* Re: \setupitemgroup...
@ 2015-10-07 10:36         ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2015-10-07 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Wolfgang and Willi,

Indeed I didn’t pay attention to the content of the example given by Willi… Indeed everything works fine once the spurious \startitemize\stopitemize are replaced with with \startitem\stopitem…

The full working example is here:

\setupitemgroup
      [itemize]
      [1]
      [packed,n]
      [after=]

\setupitemgroup
      [itemize]
      [2]
      [packed,a]
      [after=]
\setupitemgroup
      [itemize]
      [3]
      [packed,r]
      [after=]

\starttext
	\startitemize
		\startitem
			Level 1
			\startitemize
				\startitem
				Level 2
				\stopitem
				\startitem
				Level 2
				\stopitem
				\startitemize
					\startitem
						Level 3
					\stopitem
					\startitem
						Level 3
					\stopitem
				\stopitemize
			\stopitemize
		\stopitem
		\startitem
			Level 1
		\stopitem
	\stopitemize
		More text \dots
\stoptext

> On 07 Oct 2015, at 12:13, Willi Egger <context@boede.nl> wrote:
>
> Wolfgan and Otared,
>
> thanks! - stupid me, this version i had before, but then I concentrated on the level two and  messed it up.
>
> It appears, that the level two does not accept any symbol like 1,r,a.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Willi
>> On 7 okt. 2015, at 11:45, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Otared Kavian 7. Oktober 2015 um 11:27
>>> Hi Wolfgang and Willi,
>>>
>>> Indeed the observation made by Wolfgang is correct, but even upon following those instructions, somehow the level 2 does not work as expected:
>>>
>> You forgot the \item for the second level entries.
>>
>> Wolfgang

* Re: \setupitemgroup...
@ 2015-10-07 11:36           ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2015-10-07 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG-Context ConTeXt users

Hi Otared and Wolfgang,

Gosh! Indeed, my structure was amiss. Sorry for the noise and thank you for pointing this out to me!

Kind regards

Willi