From: "Meer, H. van der" <H.vanderMeer@uva.nl>
Subject: Re: textext sync problem?
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 20:12:48 +0000	[thread overview]

Do I understand ypu correctly then that:

(1) textext delivers a picture containing what it did typeset, regardless of the setting of drawop
(2) drawoptions (withcolor red) then applies the color to that picture?

But then there is a complication.
On input textext("\tfb text") the above seems to apply, but submitting textext("\orange\tfb text") makes the text orange coloured in spit of the drawoptions setting. Thus textext seems to behave differently for getting an explicit color for its content or not.

Before ripping the program for a minimal example I would like to first have a clear understanding of the functioning of textext in relation to metapost. It seems that as yet I do not have a clear enough picture of that process.

Hans van der Meer