From: Hans Hagen via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
To: Aditya Mahajan via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
Cc: Hans Hagen <j.hagen@xs4all.nl>
Subject: Re: pgfplots module wrecks in latest
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 18:35:57 +0100	[thread overview]

On 1/16/2023 6:23 PM, Aditya Mahajan via ntg-context wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jan 2023, Henri Menke via ntg-context wrote:

>>> I did a fresh install of context and downloaded the latest version of
>>> pgf/tikz and pgfplots from ctan. Now, something is wrong with tikz:
>>>
>>> \usemodule[tikz]
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>> Hello
>>> \stoptext
>>>
>>> gives the attached log file. Not sure what changed on the tikz end.
>>
>> That's most likely due to
>>
>> https://github.com/pgf-tikz/pgf/issues/1062
>> https://github.com/pgf-tikz/pgf/pull/1073
>>
>> but this MWE
>>
>> \catcode`\@=11
>>
>> \begingroup
>>    \lccode`\~=`\"
>>    \lowercase{\endgroup
>>      \def\pgfmath@catcodes{%
>>        \catcode`\==12 %
>>        \catcode`\,=12 %
>>        \catcode`\|=12 %
>>        \catcode`\&=12 %
>>        \let~\pgfmath@char@quote
>>      }}%
>>
>> {\pgfmath@catcodes "}
>>
>> \bye
>>
>> works in Knuth TeX, so it's likely not our fault.

So what's with the double quote ...

> I haven't looked pgf core in a while, but does it make sense to just redefine all the catcode jugglery in pgf as a catcodetable in m-tikz.mkxl?
there is no gain in that as it is basically a tex catcode regime with a
few differences; if you look in m-mkxl it's more some other things that
can clash (they use some \meaning stuff and we need to temporary disable
overload mode and disable some neat new features and such)

make sure to get rid of the t-tikz modules

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE