* \setupbackend[space=yes] and hz
@ 2021-05-22  9:28 Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2021-05-22  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

I have the following sample:

  \definefontfeature
    [default]
    [expansion=quality]
  \setupalign
    [hz]

  \setuppapersize[A6]
  \setupbodyfont[pagella]
  \setupbackend [space=yes]
  \starttext
    \input zapf
  \stoptext

Using SumatraPDF-3.1.2 and current latest (from 2021.05.21 15:07),
spacing is only right when I disable font expansion.

Would it be possible that spacing be the same with and without font
expansion?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: \setupbackend[space=yes] and hz
@ 2021-05-22 10:25 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2021-05-22 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5/22/2021 11:28 AM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> I have the following sample:
>
>    \definefontfeature
>      [default]
>      [default]
>      [expansion=quality]
>    \setupalign
>      [hz]
>
>    \setuppapersize[A6]
>    \setupbodyfont[pagella]
>    \setupbackend [space=yes]
>    \starttext
>      \input zapf
>    \stoptext
>
> Using SumatraPDF-3.1.2 and current latest (from 2021.05.21 15:07),
> spacing is only right when I disable font expansion.
>
> Would it be possible that spacing be the same with and without font
> expansion?
not sure what you mean but using hz without stretch (and/or tolerance)
makes no sense

   \setupalign
     [hz,stretch] % maybe also add tolerant

also, you should update your sumatra (I have 3.3 and am not going to
waste time on older versions).

Hans

* Re: \setupbackend[space=yes] and hz
@ 2021-05-22 10:51   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2021-05-22 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 5/22/21 12:25 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 5/22/2021 11:28 AM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>> [...]
>> Using SumatraPDF-3.1.2 and current latest (from 2021.05.21 15:07),
>> spacing is only right when I disable font expansion.
>>
>> Would it be possible that spacing be the same with and without font
>> expansion?
> not sure what you mean but using hz without stretch (and/or tolerance)
> makes no sense
>
>    \setupalign
>      [hz,stretch] % maybe also add tolerant

It doesn’t make any difference in the text spacing (searching and
copying) in the minimal sample.

> also, you should update your sumatra (I have 3.3 and am not going to
> waste time on older versions).

I wish I could. PDF annotations are a mess in MuPDF (this affects
versions from 3.2).

PDF annotations in SumatraPDF-3.3 are huge, even preventing the text
from being readable. And they are always printed (since all contain "/F
4"), no matter that no appearance dictionary allows to print them.

I have already discussed that with people from Artifex, but it seems
that they won’t change their mind about this.

It would be helpful that PDF annotations in ConTeXt with no associated
appearance dictionary could have "/F 0" (so that MuPDF doesn’t print them).

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk