* TOC- removing Contents 0
@ 2020-04-22  0:44 jbf
From: jbf @ 2020-04-22  0:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

A simple question, but I have not found an answer to it as yet:

\completecontent does everything it is supposed to, including providing
the title 'Contents' on the ToC page, but it also gives me as the first
line in the ToC:

Contents      0

In fact the ToC appears on page 1, but regardless of the page it is
appearing on, is there a way I can prevent that line from being produced
as part of the ToC? I assume it would be something I need to do in the
following setup:

\setupcombinedlist
   [content]
   [list={chapter,section,title,subject,subsection}]
\setuplist[chapter][style=normal,alternative=b, before=]

Grateful for any help with this,

Julian

* Re: TOC- removing Contents 0
@ 2020-04-22  6:20 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2020-04-22  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 22.04.2020 um 02:44 schrieb jbf <roma83537@gmail.com>:
>
> A simple question, but I have not found an answer to it as yet:
>
> \completecontent does everything it is supposed to, including providing the title 'Contents' on the ToC page, but it also gives me as the first line in the ToC:
>
> Contents      0
>
> In fact the ToC appears on page 1, but regardless of the page it is appearing on, is there a way I can prevent that line from being produced as part of the ToC? I assume it would be something I need to do in the following setup:
>
> \setupcombinedlist
>   [content]
>   [list={chapter,section,title,subject,subsection}]
> \setuplist[chapter][style=normal,alternative=b, before=]
>
> Grateful for any help with this,

Usually the unnnumbered headers aren’t part of any ToC, but since you include title, you also get the ToC title. (title = unnumbered chapter)

If you need chapters without numbers, use \setuphead[chapter][number=no].
If you need some titles to appear in the ToC, you can use \definehead[MyTitle][chapter] etc.

You can also replace \completecontent with \MySpecialTitle{Contents} \placecontent[...].

Best, Hraban

* Re: TOC- removing Contents 0
@ 2020-04-22 13:06 ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2020-04-22 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 4/22/20 2:44 AM, jbf wrote:
> A simple question, but I have not found an answer to it as yet:
>
> \completecontent does everything it is supposed to, including providing
> the title 'Contents' on the ToC page, but it also gives me as the first
> line in the ToC:
>
> Contents      0
>
> In fact the ToC appears on page 1, but regardless of the page it is
> appearing on, is there a way I can prevent that line from being produced
> as part of the ToC? I assume it would be something I need to do in the
> following setup:
>
> \setupcombinedlist
>    [content]
>    [list={chapter,section,title,subject,subsection}]
> \setuplist[chapter][style=normal,alternative=b, before=]

Hi Julian,

\completecontent is similar to simply use:

  \title{Contents}
  \placelist[content]

If you include title in \setupcombinedlist[content], you are requesting
that all titles are included in the TOC.

A workaround could be to create a special title command for the TOC,
such as in:

  \definehead
    [toctitle]
    [title]

And then use the following instead of \completecontent:

  \toctitle{Contents}
  \placelist[content]

This should avoid the problem.

I hope ith helps,