* Distance between two Columns
@ 2019-02-28 10:43 Ursula Hermann
From: Ursula Hermann @ 2019-02-28 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear List!

I have the following example. I would like to have two columns that are in the distance small. So I have tried:

\setuppapersize[A5]
\startcolumns
\defineframed
   [tightframed][width=5cm,width.1\textwidth,align=right]
\tightframed{Small}
\column
\tightframed{A really really long line that is split at 5cm}

If I take the example with only \tightframed, without the columns, I have the small distance, but I would like to have a left and right column with small distance.

Can someone help me please?

[-- Attachment #2: tight.pdf --]

* Re: Distance between two Columns
@ 2019-02-28 11:04 ` Marco Patzer
From: Marco Patzer @ 2019-02-28 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 10:43:48 +0000
Ursula Hermann <ursula.hermann@univie.ac.at> wrote:

> I have the following example. I would like to have two columns that
> are in the distance small.

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. You want to change the
distance between the columns? That can be done with:

  \setupcolumns
    [distance=2cm]

> So I have tried:
>
> \setuppapersize[A5]
> \startcolumns
> \defineframed
>    [tightframed][width=5cm,width.1\textwidth,align=right]

1. Usually you don't define stuff in the main text. That's what the
   setup area (before \starttext) if for.
2. width is specified twice
3. width.1\textwidth is not valid, an = sign is missing

> \tightframed{Small}
> \column
> \tightframed{A really really long line that is split at 5cm}

\stopcolumns is missing.

Furthermore, \start/stoptext is missing. That results in the
monospaced font. I'd write your example as follows:

\setuppapersize
  [A5]

\defineframed
  [tightframed]
  [width=5cm,
   %% width=.1\textwidth,
   align=right]

\setupcolumns
  [distance=.5cm]

\starttext

\startcolumns
  \tightframed{Small}
\column
  \tightframed{A really really long line that is split at 5cm}
\stopcolumns

\stoptext

Marco

* Re: Distance between two Columns
@ 2019-02-28 17:26 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2019-02-28 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ursula Hermann schrieb am 28.02.19 um 11:43:
> Dear List!
>
> I have the following example. I would like to have two columns that are
> in the distance small. So I have tried:
>
> \setuppapersize[A5]
>
> \startcolumns
>
> \defineframed
>
>     [tightframed][width=5cm,width.1\textwidth,align=right]
>
> \tightframed{Small}
>
> \column
>
> \tightframed{A really really long line that is split at 5cm}
>
> If I take the example with only \tightframed, without the columns, I
> have the small distance, but I would like to have a left and right
> column with small distance.

Are you looking for something like the examples below?

\setupcombination
   [location=top,
    distance=\spaceamount]

\starttext

\startcombination[2*1]
	{\framed[width=5cm,align=flushleft]{Small}}{}
	{\framed[width=5cm,align=flushleft]{A really really long line that is
split at 5cm}}{}
\stopcombination

\blank

\placesidebyside
	{\framed[width=5cm,align=flushleft]{Small}}
	{\framed[width=5cm,align=flushleft]{A really really long line that is
split at 5cm}}

\blank

\bTABLE[width=5cm,align=flushleft,columndistance=\spaceamount]
   \bTR
     \bTD Small \eTD
     \bTD A really really long line that is split at 5cm \eTD
   \eTR
\eTABLE

\stoptext

Wolfgang