* Questions to PDF/A compliant documents: missing ICC files?
@ 2018-06-18 15:20 Tomas Hala
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Tomas Hala @ 2018-06-18 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

at http://wiki.contextgarden.net/PDF/A I found the following:

"""""
In ConTeXt mkiv, in order to create such a compliant PDF/A file, one can do as follows: first install (or check that they are present) the following color profiles files

default_cmyk.icc
default_gray.icc
default_rgb.icc
ISOcoated_v2_300_eci.icc

into tex/texmf-context/colors/icc/profiles of your Context standalone directory. The default_*.icc files are part of ghostscript...
"""""

So I checked that they are present (CentOS 6.6, GPL Ghostscript 8.70) and
I discovered that these files are not present at any ConTeXt (or TeX) installation from TeXlive
neither as separate files, nor at file context/colors/icc/context/colorprofiles.xml.

Only default_gray.icc is present as a part of ConTeXt installations from our garden.

Therefore, I would like to ask
(a) where I can find the set of original default*.icc files,
(b) what is the reason why these files are not included in the TeXlive and garden installations,
(c) if it is possible to add it there for future, and
(d) if the produced PDF (with \setupbackend[format={pdf/a-1b:2005}...]) is PDF/a compliant when these
icc files are not present and the whole content of the document is only in black (i.e. no grayscale, no colours).

Our university decided to be "PDF/a compliant", that is the reason why I am asking.

Best wishes,

Tomáš