* new version, new manuals, new files
@ 2003-03-09 22:14 Hans Hagen
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-03-09 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I uploaded a new version (stable and beta are now the same). This version
inclused a few patches/extensions discussed recently. There is quite some
new support for side floats, column sets have become rather stable (a
manual will follow soon). Although a lot of functionality is still 'my
little secret' to be revealed when users request it, you can ready find
some info in

   www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals.details.pdf

so, this manual has now moved from temp. It has currently some 80+ pages,
and will probably tripple in size over time. This manual provides you some
info about how to apply the relatively new layer and related things. The
idea is that this kind of detailed trickery and/or thinsg not related to
structuring will be discussed in details.pdf, while the structuring ends up
in the ref manual (i'll pick up that thread soon).

I also updated

   www.pragma-ade.com/show-fil.pdf

(made nicer, watch the new image archive),

   www.pragma-ade.com/show-man.pdf

(more manuals, not all yet on the site but i need the file here and it
gives you an idea of what is coming),

   www.pragma-ade.com/showcase.pdf

and envelops and alike), the pstopdf manual, and a few more.

Happy reading and contexing,

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: new version, new manuals, new files
@ 2003-03-10 14:22 ` Jens-Uwe Morawski
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Jens-Uwe Morawski @ 2003-03-10 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 09 Mar 2003 23:14:45 +0100
Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> I uploaded a new version (stable and beta are now the same). This version
> inclused a few patches/extensions discussed recently. There is quite some
> new support for side floats, column sets have become rather stable (a
> manual will follow soon). Although a lot of functionality is still 'my
> little secret' to be revealed when users request it, you can ready find
> some info in
>
>    www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals.details.pdf

Boooh, great!

> I also updated
>
>    www.pragma-ade.com/show-fil.pdf
>
> (made nicer, watch the new image archive),

hmm, i still get the old show-fil.pdf when i download it.
The mill.png in the cont-img.zip is broken. Gimp tells me that
this is due ascii conversion. I've used unzip with different
options, but always the same error.

> and envelops and alike),

looking forward to it

> Happy reading and contexing,

will do. Many thanks.

Regards,
  Jens

* layout of xsteps-p
@ 2003-03-10 16:01 ` Gregory Vanuxem
From: Gregory Vanuxem @ 2003-03-10 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Is it possible to obtain the source of
xsteps-p.

I like this layout, but it's difficult to realize the same.

				Cheers

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]
[-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature, Size: 2043 bytes --]

* Re: new version, new manuals, new files
@ 2003-03-10 19:30 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-03-10 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans,

>    www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals.details.pdf
>    www.pragma-ade.com/show-fil.pdf
>    www.pragma-ade.com/show-man.pdf
>    www.pragma-ade.com/showcase.pdf
> Happy reading and contexing,

It is just unbelieveable what you have made available. There is enough to
watch and to read for many happy CONTeXT hours. Thanks!

Willi

* Re: new version, new manuals, new files
@ 2003-03-10 21:45   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-03-10 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 03:22 PM 3/10/2003 +0100, Jens-Uwe Morawski wrote:

>hmm, i still get the old show-fil.pdf when i download it.
>The mill.png in the cont-img.zip is broken. Gimp tells me that

oeps, i mistakenly used a dos-unix conversion switch, i'll upload a new one
asap

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: layout of xsteps-p
@ 2003-03-10 21:51   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-03-10 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 05:01 PM 3/10/2003 +0100, you wrote:

>Is it possible to obtain the source of
>xsteps-p.

I suppose that you mean the style? I'm not goint to publish undocumented
styles (also, i took a quick look into it and could redo it in 30% less
code nowadays [one problem is that there is more code in ther ethan used in
the styles, esp alternative style code]

>I like this layout, but it's difficult to realize the same.

what aspect is giving you troubles, i can explain those

@ 2003-03-11  8:31   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-03-11  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 03:22 PM 3/10/2003 +0100, you wrote:

> >    www.pragma-ade.com/show-fil.pdf
> >
> > (made nicer, watch the new image archive),

this one is now really there

>The mill.png in the cont-img.zip is broken. Gimp tells me that

i zipped and uploaded everything again

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: new version, new manuals, new files
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2003-03-11  8:52 ` Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2003-03-11  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

On zondag, maa 9, 2003, at 23:14 Europe/Amsterdam, Hans Hagen wrote:

> (letters and envelops and alike), the pstopdf manual, and a few more.

That is nice. From time to time I like to scan sites like pragma for
updates I think I need. However the manual items do not have version
numbers or a version date such as the context beta download. The stuff
is too large to download just for looking at its version inside. Is it
a good suggestion to show version/date on the manual items too on the
download page? I would appreciate.

Hans van der Meer

* RE: layout of xsteps-p
@ 2003-03-11 20:18     ` Gregory Vanuxem
From: Gregory Vanuxem @ 2003-03-11 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yes,  I mean the style.

 In fact just how have the margin or edge ??? in black (with footer end
header),
 and the great title in (right and horizontal left).

		Cheers.

Netherlands
www.pragma-ade.com
http://www.pragma-ade.com/roadmap.pdf
http://www.pragma-ade.com/showcase.pdf

@ 2003-03-12 10:05       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-03-12 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 09:18 PM 3/11/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Yes,  I mean the style.
>
>  In fact just how have the margin or edge ??? in black (with footer end
>header),
>  and the great title in (right and horizontal left).

backgrounds like this can be made with mp :

\setupbackgrounds
   [page]
   [offset=3mm,
    background=page]

\defineoverlay
   [page]
   [\reuseMPgraphic{page}]

\startreusableMPgraphic{page}
   StartPage ;
     path p ; p :=
       ulcorner Page --
       llcorner Page --
       llcorner Page shifted (BackSpace-LeftMarginDistance,0) --
       ulcorner Page shifted (BackSpace-LeftMarginDistance,0) -- cycle ;
    fill
      (p enlarged PageOffset) rightenlarged -PageOffset
      withcolor \MPcolor{FillColor} ;
   StopPage ;
   setbounds currentpicture to boundingbox currentpicture enlarged PageOffset ;
\stopreusableMPgraphic

i use a dedicated head \Aspect{Bla bla}:

\definehead
   [Aspect]
   [subject]

\setuphead
   [Aspect]
   [command=\MakeAspect,
    color=lightgray,
    style=\bfb,
    before={\blank[2*big]},
    after={\blank[2*big]},]

\def\MakeAspect#1#2%
   {\hbox
      {\hskip-\marginwidth
       \hskip-\margindistance
       \framed
         [width=.5\textwidth,
          offset=2pt,
          frame=off,
          background=color,
          backgroundcolor=AspectColor]
         {\hskip.25cm#2\hfill}}}

@ 2003-03-12 14:51         ` Gregory Vanuxem
From: Gregory Vanuxem @ 2003-03-12 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Output of MetaPost !!!

This is MetaPost, Version 0.641 (MiKTeX 2.2) (preloaded mem=metafun
2002.10.21)  12 MAR 2003 15:44
**mpgraph
(mpgraph.mp
{randomseed:=3638}

! This can't happen (copy).
graphictextdirective->...phictextstring&(EXPR2000)
                                                  &CRLF;
<to be read again>
                   ;
l.12 ...rective "\global \loadfontfileoncetrue " ;

I'm broken. Please show this to someone who can fix can fix

@ 2003-03-12 15:04           ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-03-12 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 03:51 PM 3/12/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Output of MetaPost !!!
>
>This is MetaPost, Version 0.641 (MiKTeX 2.2) (preloaded mem=metafun
>2002.10.21)  12 MAR 2003 15:44
>**mpgraph
>(mpgraph.mp
>{randomseed:=3638}
>
>! This can't happen (copy).
>graphictextdirective->...phictextstring&(EXPR2000)

interesting, maybe your mem values don't match the format values or so; do
other miktex users have a this problem as well?

@ 2003-03-12 15:29             ` Gregory Vanuxem
From: Gregory Vanuxem @ 2003-03-12 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

I don't know, it's the last version unmodified on Windows
but here is the log of texexec 3.1

This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.10b-2.1 (MiKTeX 2.2) (preloaded
format=cont-en 2003.3.12)  12 MAR 2003 16:25
entering extended mode
**reiserfs.tex
(reiserfs.tex{pdftex.cfg}

ConTeXt  ver: 2003.1.31  fmt: 2003.3.12  int: english  mes: english

language       : language en is active
<protectionstate 0>
system         : cont-new loaded
(C:\MiKTeX\tex\context\base\cont-new.tex
systems        : beware: some patches loaded from cont-new.tex!
system (E-TEX) : [line 726] \ifcsname
)
system         : cont-old loaded
(C:\MiKTeX\tex\context\base\cont-old.tex
)
system         : cont-fil loaded
(C:\MiKTeX\tex\context\base\cont-fil.tex
)
bodyfont       : 12pt rm is loaded
language       : patterns 2:2-en-2 4:2-de-2 5:2-fr-2 6:2-es-2 7:2-it-2
8:2-nl-2
 loaded
specials       : tex,postscript,rokicki loaded
system         : reiserfs.top loaded
(./reiserfs.top)
pdftex         : needs map file: original-context-symbol.map
pdftex         : needs map file: pl0-ams-cmr.map
pdftex         : needs map file: original-vogel-symbol.map
color          : system rgb is global activated
system         : mark Aspect defined [subject]
system         : mark Aspectnumber defined [subjectnumber]
interaction    : active
specials       : loading definition file tpd
(C:\MiKTeX\tex\context\base\spec-tpd.tex
specials       : loading definition file fdf
(C:\MiKTeX\tex\context\base\spec-fdf.tex <unprotect 3>
system (E-TEX) : [line 1815] \ifcsname
specials       : fdf loaded
)
specials       : fdf,tpd loaded
(./reiserfs.tuo) (./reiserfs.tuo) (./reiserfs.tuo) (./reiserfs.tuo)
(./reiserfs.tuo) (./reiserfs.tuo) (./reiserfs.tuo) (./reiserfs.tuo)
(./reiserfs.tuo) (./reiserfs.tuo) (./reiserfs.tuo) (./reiserfs.tuo)
(./reiserfs.tuo) (./reiserfs.tuo)
systems        : begin file reiserfs at line 82
layout         : calculating backgrounds
Randomizer initialized to 1155239448. [MP mpgraph.4000] (./reiserfs.tuo)
interaction    : pdftex code inserted
[1.1{psfonts.map}]
title          : - \headtext {\v!inhoud }
(./reiserfs.tuo) [2.1]
Aspect         : - test
section        : 1 \bf Introduction
section        : 2 \bf Why Is There A Move Among Some OS Designers Towards
Unif
ying Name Spaces?
[3.2] [4.3]
section        : 3 \bf Should File Boundaries Be Block Aligned?
[5.4] [6.5]
section        : 4 \bf Balanced Trees and Large File I/O
[7.6] [8.7]
section        : 5 \bf Why Aggregate Small Objects at the Filesystem
Level?
[9.8]
section        : 6 \bf Tree Definitions
[10.9] [11.10] [12.11] [13.12]
systems        : end file reiserfs at line 514
[flush and process mpgraph.mp afterwards] )
Here is how much of TeX's memory you used:
 1204 strings out of 67854
 16705 string characters out of 760278
 416217 words of memory out of 1075822
 30758 multiletter control sequences out of 35000
 11961 words of font info for 40 fonts, out of 500000 for 1000
 57 hyphenation exceptions out of 607
 46i,18n,69p,208b,810s stack positions out of
1500i,500n,5000p,200000b,32768s
 91 PDF objects out of 65536
 20 named destinations out of 20000
 6 words of extra memory for PDF output out of 65536
<cmsltt10.pfb><cmr9.pfb><cmmi12.pfb>
<cmsy10.pfb><cmsl12.pfb><cmbx12.pfb><cmr12.pfb>
Output written on reiserfs.pdf (13 pages, 82089 bytes).

@ 2003-03-12 17:55       ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-03-12 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gregory Vanuxem <g.vanuxem@wanadoo.fr> writes:

Hello Gregory and others,

>  In fact just how have the margin or edge ??? in black (with footer
> end header),

as a help I have uploaded a small tutorial on [page]
backgrounds. See: http://levana.de/context/

Patrick

* RE: layout of xsteps-p
@ 2003-03-12 20:30               ` Hans Hagen
                                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-03-12 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 04:29 PM 3/12/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>I don't know, it's the last version unmodified on Windows
>but here is the log of texexec 3.1

looks like a miktex problem (if you make a minimal faling file i'm sure
that one of the miktex context users will try it for you)

>This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.10b-2.1 (MiKTeX 2.2) (preloaded
>format=cont-en 2003.3.12)  12 MAR 2003 16:25
>entering extended mode
>**reiserfs.tex
>(reiserfs.tex{pdftex.cfg}
   ^^^^^^^^

ah interesting, we have been using that for years now ithout troubles -)

@ 2003-03-13  6:33   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2003-03-13  6:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

> That is nice. From time to time I like to scan sites like pragma for
> updates I think I need. However the manual items do not have version
> numbers or a version date such as the context beta download. The stuff
> is too large to download just for looking at its version inside. Is it
> a good suggestion to show version/date on the manual items too on the
> download page? I would appreciate.

You can look at the directory listing (thanks that Hans or his provider
didn't block it!) and see the upload date.

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
--
www.fiee.net/texnique/
www.ramm.ch/context/

* Re[2]: layout of xsteps-p
@ 2003-03-13  9:34                 ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2003-03-13  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wednesday, March 12, 2003 Hans Hagen wrote:

HH> At 04:29 PM 3/12/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>>I don't know, it's the last version unmodified on Windows
>>but here is the log of texexec 3.1

HH> looks like a miktex problem (if you make a minimal faling file i'm sure
HH> that one of the miktex context users will try it for you)

Yes, give me an example and I'll try ... the simple Hans code
gives no problem here ...

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* RE: layout of xsteps-p
@ 2003-03-13 12:55                 ` Gregory Vanuxem
From: Gregory Vanuxem @ 2003-03-13 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

and now  what do you use?

> Hans

I have tried under linux and that's work but the title of the document
dose't appear on the right side (vertical)

@ 2003-03-13 13:00                 ` Gregory Vanuxem
From: Gregory Vanuxem @ 2003-03-13 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Another thing, if i rebuild format for mptopdf (under MikTeX)
pdftex complain about :

) (C:\MiKTeX\tex\context\base\supp-mpe.tex
! Undefined control sequence.
l.536 \appendtoks

???

		Cheer

* RE: Re: layout of xsteps-p
@ 2003-03-13 13:04         ` Gregory Vanuxem
From: Gregory Vanuxem @ 2003-03-13 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

		Thanks.

@ 2003-03-13 16:01                   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-03-13 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 02:00 PM 3/13/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Another thing, if i rebuild format for mptopdf (under MikTeX)
>pdftex complain about :

>) (C:\MiKTeX\tex\context\base\supp-mpe.tex
>! Undefined control sequence.
>l.536 \appendtoks

some old supp-mis is messing things up

@ 2003-03-13 20:36                     ` Gregory Vanuxem
From: Gregory Vanuxem @ 2003-03-13 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

That's right, thanks but I have
always the same error !!

		Cheers

@ 2003-03-13 21:30                       ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-03-13 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gregory Vanuxem <g.vanuxem@wanadoo.fr> writes:

Hello,

> That's right, thanks but I have
> always the same error !!

So, did you replace the old ConTeXt stuff with the new one?

If you keep getting the same error, what did you do between the
failing runs?

Pat

* RE: Re: layout of xsteps-p
@ 2003-03-13 22:45                         ` Gregory Vanuxem
From: Gregory Vanuxem @ 2003-03-13 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

I remplace some old supp-pdf and supp-mis
now I can rebuild mptopdf format but I have
always this bug :

This is MetaPost, Version 0.641 (MiKTeX 2.2) (preloaded mem=metafun
2002.10.21)  13 MAR 2003 23:15
**mpgraph
(mpgraph.mp
{randomseed:=481}

! This can't happen (copy).
graphictextdirective->...phictextstring&(EXPR2000)
                                                  &CRLF;
<to be read again>
                   ;
l.12 ...rective "\global \loadfontfileoncetrue " ;

I'm broken. Please show this to someone who can fix can fix

I've just submitted a bug to miktex, i hope they can do
something
			Cheers.

* Re[2]: Re: layout of xsteps-p
@ 2003-03-13 22:57                           ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2003-03-13 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thursday, March 13, 2003 Gregory Vanuxem wrote:

GV> I remplace some old supp-pdf and supp-mis
GV> now I can rebuild mptopdf format but I have
GV> always this bug :

Would you please provide a document showing the problem so that I
can test it? In the mean time, have you tried updating your MiKTeX
and/or regenerating the formats?

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* RE: Re[2]: Re: layout of xsteps-p
@ 2003-03-13 23:05                             ` Gregory Vanuxem
From: Gregory Vanuxem @ 2003-03-13 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

I rebuild all possible format, mem...

\setupcolors[state=start]
[...]

\setupinteraction[state=start,
author={Reiser, Hans},
title=ReiserFS v.3 Whitepaper,
color=green,
style=bold
]
\setupindenting[1cm]
\setuppagenumbering[location={middle, footer}]
\setupoutput[pdftex]
\setupalign[hyphenated]
\setupsectionblock[after=\hskip 1cm]
\hyphenation{eco-no-mies}
\setupwhitespace[medium]
\def\fsection#1{\section{\bf #1}\hskip1cm\relax}
\starttext
\indenting[first]
\startstandardmakeup
\startalignment[middle]
\tfd ReiserFS v.3 Whitepaper\par
\stopalignment
\stopstandardmakeup
\completecontent
\page

\Aspect{test}
\fsection {Introduction}
The author is one of many OS researchers who are attempting to unify the
name spaces
in the operating system in varying ways
[e.g. Pike {\sl "The Use of Name Spaces in Plan9"} ].
None of us are well funded compared with the size of the task,
and I am far from an exception to this rule. The natural consequence is
that
we each have attacked one small aspect of the task.

Databases have traditionally used balanced tree algorithms to pack many
small
objects (fields) into a block. However, various efforts to implement
filesystems
on top of databases failed for performance reasons, leading to a
widespread belief
that balanced tree algorithms were somehow inherently too slow for use by
filesystems for traditional filesystem usage patterns, which would
of course imply that the status quo is well founded, and databases and
filesystems should be separate programs....
We suggest to the reader that it was just that better balanced tree based
storage layer
implementations were needed, and that in fact balanced trees offer better
performance
for traditional file system usage patterns than traditional file system
architectures.
We encourage perusal of our benchmarks.
\stoptext

* Re[4]: Re: layout of xsteps-p
@ 2003-03-13 23:14                               ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2003-03-13 23:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Friday, March 14, 2003 Gregory Vanuxem wrote:

GV> I rebuild all possible format, mem...

Your test file runs perfectly fine here (absolutely latest
MiKTeX).

Did you generate the .mem file via texexec --make metafun? Please
observe that this puts the .mem file in the wrong directory, you
must move it manually to the correct place. Also, you may want to
make sure that your local texmf tree is searched before the global
one (you can do this via MiKTeX Options).

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* RE: Re[4]: Re: layout of xsteps-p
@ 2003-03-13 23:23                                 ` Gregory Vanuxem
From: Gregory Vanuxem @ 2003-03-13 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Strange thing !!!

 Yes, generate the .mem file via texexec --make metafun
 Oooooooooooooops, it was in fmt dir !!!

			EXCELLENT THING : All work now !!!!

		Thanks a lot!!

* Re[6]: Re: layout of xsteps-p
@ 2003-03-13 23:58                                   ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2003-03-13 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Friday, March 14, 2003 Gregory Vanuxem wrote:

GV> Strange thing !!!

GV>  Yes, generate the .mem file via texexec --make metafun
GV>  Oooooooooooooops, it was in fmt dir !!!

GV>                         EXCELLENT THING : All work now !!!!

GV>                 Thanks a lot!!

Good to know :) Maybe you should follow up to your bugreport in
MiKTeX and state that it was due to a .mem-binary mismatch :)

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* RE: Re[2]: Re: layout of xsteps-p
@ 2003-03-14  7:54                               ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-03-14  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 12:05 AM 3/14/2003 +0100, you wrote:

>\setupsectionblock[after=\hskip 1cm]

will probably fail since you're in vertical mode

>\def\fsection#1{\section{\bf #1}\hskip1cm\relax}

hm, will fail as well,

configuring \setuphead[section] is probably better

@ 2003-03-14  8:21     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-03-14  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 07:33 AM 3/13/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>>That is nice. From time to time I like to scan sites like pragma for
>>updates I think I need. However the manual items do not have version
>>numbers or a version date such as the context beta download. The stuff is
>>too large to download just for looking at its version inside. Is it a
>>good suggestion to show version/date on the manual items too on the
>>download page? I would appreciate.
>
>You can look at the directory listing (thanks that Hans or his provider
>didn't block it!) and see the upload date.

there's a file overview.dat which you can feed into wget; maybe wget can
just upload the changed files (don't know); anyhow, some
sync-your-local-context thingies in on my agenda

@ 2003-03-14 10:49                                 ` Gregory Vanuxem
From: Gregory Vanuxem @ 2003-03-14 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yes, I'm going to rewrite this,

> Hans

But about the title of the document
that appears on the right side (vertical),
my first mail is about this and I'm running in
difficulty.

@ 2003-03-14 19:40     ` Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2003-03-14 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On donderdag, maa 13, 2003, at 07:33 Europe/Amsterdam, Henning Hraban
Ramm wrote:

>> That is nice. From time to time I like to scan sites like pragma for
>> updates I think I need. However the manual items do not have version
>> numbers or a version date such as the context beta download. The
>> stuff is too large to download just for looking at its version
>> inside. Is it a good suggestion to show version/date on the manual
>> items too on the download page? I would appreciate.
>
> You can look at the directory listing (thanks that Hans or his
> provider didn't block it!) and see the upload date.

Good, but I am accessing the file though a browser, not through ftp.
The download page has not revealed upload dates, at least not to me.
But I may be lookingin the wrong places. Can you be more specific,
please.

Hans van der Meer

* Re: new version, new manuals, new files
@ 2003-03-14 21:48       ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2003-03-14 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> You can look at the directory listing (thanks that Hans or his
>> provider didn't block it!) and see the upload date.
>
> Good, but I am accessing the file though a browser, not through ftp.
> The download page has not revealed upload dates, at least not to me.
> But I may be lookingin the wrong places. Can you be more specific,
> please.

You don't need an FTP client for that.
The directory listings are made by the web server, not by the client.
Just try: http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/
or: http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
--
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/

* Re: Re: layout of xsteps-p
@ 2003-03-17  8:22         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-03-17  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 06:55 PM 3/12/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Gregory Vanuxem <g.vanuxem@wanadoo.fr> writes:
>
>Hello Gregory and others,
>
> >  In fact just how have the margin or edge ??? in black (with footer
> > end header),
>
>as a help I have uploaded a small tutorial on [page]
>backgrounds. See: http://levana.de/context/

I added this link to the others.htm page;