From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky <yatskovsky@gmail.com>
To: WN <wneimeijer@tiscali.nl>
Cc: "ntg-context-request@ntg.nl" <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
Subject: Re: where is my installer? :)
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 19:19:00 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello,

> Hi Vyatcheslav

> I tried you installer, and have some comments

> *) The context minimal installer creates a different directory structure
> as compared to the mswin context I downloaded
> from Pragma. The setuptex scripts complains that the tex tree is not
> correct ?

No, it doesn't alter the structure. It just loads the latest beta version from source other Pragma. New structure is a standard now.

Furthermore, you don't need setuptex.bat to run Context after this installation. The installer sets all critically required variables in registry (may not all, 'cause I've tested it only for luatex).

> *) I installed via your installer and than your program said I have to
> run texexec etc. from the command line. I tried
> to do that but as I also have Miktex installed, it took the exe's from
> Miktex and not from Context. I thought
> you did some magic in the registry, so Miktex and Context can coexist ?

My installer doesn't work with MikTeX. Theoretically it is possible, but in practice, solution will be fuzzy and unreliable. I don't want to bother with it, considering that you can always use Context in an old way, without installing it. This is the best (and only) way to use it in parallel with MikTex and TexLive.

> *) I missed the discussion on the mailing list, but what does your
> installer do exactly ?

Hmm... Selects folder, downloads (or updates) distribution files, sets environment vars, and ... exits.

--
Best regards,
Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky