On Jun 9, 2005, at 11:27 AM, John R. Culleton wrote: > Specifically I am writing a guide for typesetting beginners. What > should I tell them is a good way to execute e.g., texexec from a > Windows environment? Many of them are afraid of the command > line. My instinct is to describe a Vim command such as > :!texexec % > or just give them a script to do that, but there may be a better > alternative. Thoughts? You can also have them set up one of the IDEs, like TeXnicCenter, to do that. See my column for the PracTeX Journal at http://www.tug.org/ pracjourn/2005-2/peter/ for more info. Steve