* bigger font families
@ 2002-04-01 12:19 Henning Hraban Ramm
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2002-04-01 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ahoi!

Is there a way for other type classes than roman, sans, math and mono?
E.g. I need sometimes an additional casual/script/handwriting font family
(think of Lucida...) and would like to address it as style=\hd or like that.

I tried to define it with usual typescripts and "hand" instead of "sans" etc.
but had no success. If such *should* work, then I'll review it and look for
mistakes, but if it *can't* work I must abuse one of serif/sans/mono.

An other way would be mapping the script font to an "exotic" style like
\sc\it -- what do you think?

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
--
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
---

* Re: bigger font families
@ 2002-04-02  1:27 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-04-02  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 02:19 PM 4/1/2002 +0200, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
>Ahoi!
>
>Is there a way for other type classes than roman, sans, math and mono?
>E.g. I need sometimes an additional casual/script/handwriting font family
>(think of Lucida...) and would like to address it as style=\hd or like that.
>
>I tried to define it with usual typescripts and "hand" instead of "sans" etc.
>but had no success. If such *should* work, then I'll review it and look for
>mistakes, but if it *can't* work I must abuse one of serif/sans/mono.
>
>An other way would be mapping the script font to an "exotic" style like
>\sc\it -- what do you think?

there is \hw and \cg for handwritten and calligraphy, and you can define
more if you want (peek into font-ini.tex); also, in some type-* files you
will find casuals; in principle you can create your own names (we do that
for things like semi fonts), so we do things like:

\definetypeface [mainfont] [rm] [serif] ...

\definetypeface [semifont] [rm] [semi-serif] /...

that's the nice thing of typefaces/scripts, that you can cook up your own
names.

the rm, ss, tt cg, hw entries are predefined which means that they will be
recognized and have associated commands, if you want more (with as
restiction that they should have two char names) you can define them with
\definefontstyle; in a similar fashion you can define \tfp|q|r if you want
or even map names onto families (math) etc etc

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl
                                   fall-back web server:
www.pragma-ade.nl

* Re: bigger font families
@ 2002-04-02  1:27 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-04-02  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-04-02  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

@ 2002-04-02 17:17   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2002-04-02 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Am Dienstag, 2. April 2002 03:27 schrieb Hans Hagen:
> there is \hw and \cg for handwritten and calligraphy, and you can define

Oh, embarassing... (RTFM, Hraban!)

> \definetypeface [mainfont] [rm] [serif] ...
> \definetypeface [semifont] [rm] [semi-serif] /...

Thank you again!

> that's the nice thing of typefaces/scripts, that you can cook up your own
> names.

I thought so, but it didn't work with my first try. I'll try harder.

BTW: I couldn't find the Bugzilla site for ConTeXt, not even in the ML
archive -- could you put the link onto your "useful links" page?
(And you could add my site to the user links. I promise to enhance it --
after my wedding...)

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
--
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
---

* Re: bigger font families
@ 2002-04-03 11:52     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-04-03 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 07:17 PM 4/2/2002 +0200, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
>Am Dienstag, 2. April 2002 03:27 schrieb Hans Hagen:
> > there is \hw and \cg for handwritten and calligraphy, and you can define
>
>Oh, embarassing... (RTFM, Hraban!)
>
> > \definetypeface [mainfont] [rm] [serif] ...
> > \definetypeface [semifont] [rm] [semi-serif] /...
>
>Thank you again!
>
> > that's the nice thing of typefaces/scripts, that you can cook up your own
> > names.
>
>I thought so, but it didn't work with my first try. I'll try harder.
>

>BTW: I couldn't find the Bugzilla site for ConTeXt, not even in the ML
>archive -- could you put the link onto your "useful links" page?
>(And you could add my site to the user links. I promise to enhance it --
>after my wedding...)

i need to work on the links page -)

i wonder if this is the official (proper) way of specifying the link,

   http://bugzilla.physik.fu-berlin.de:8080/context
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl
                                   fall-back web server:
www.pragma-ade.nl

* Re: Re: bigger font families
@ 2003-05-31 14:10   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2003-05-31 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Hans!

Under which sofa did you find that old mail? (January 2002)
Thank you, but it was answered long ago.

> At 02:19 PM 4/1/2002 +0200, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

Perhaps it helped someone other. ;-)

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
--
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/