Hi Hans, > On Dec 6, 2022, at 2:15 AM, Hans Hagen via ntg-context wrote: > On 12/6/2022 12:39 AM, Gavin via ntg-context wrote: >> 1) Is there a mathematics version of \hpos? The contents of \hpos are set as text, even when \hpos is in mathematics, so I wrote an \mpos macro that uses \hpos but sets the contents as display-style math. This isn’t great for spacing, and it does't adapt to different math styles. \framed has a math version, \mframed, that sets the contents in the appropriate math style. If anyone know a way to accomplish that with \hpos, I’d love to know. > > there actually is a subsystem that keeps math as-is-it (styles and spacing and such), see attached I tried using \mathboxanchored, and was able to get the bottom two equations shown here. (The top equation uses \hpos, for comparison.)