There are two problems that I didn’t know how to fix. 1) The line connects to the box including the subscript or superscript, not just to the e. 2) I cannot make multiple connections to a single object, like the e^\mu in the center. If I try to connect top and bottom, I get no connections anywhere in the entire document. The code for the formulas is: \startformula % Each \connectboxanchors works alone, but both together make trouble: \connectboxanchors[top][top]{X}{Y} %\connectboxanchors[bottom][bottom]{Y}{Z} \mathboxanchored{X}{e}_\alpha \mathboxanchored{Y}{e}^\mu \mathboxanchored{Z}{e}_{\dot\beta} = \textfrac{1}{\sqrt{2}}\sigma_{\alpha\dot\beta}^\mu \stopformula I added code to turn the arrow produced by \connectboxanchors into my contraction overlay, but that doesn’t affect these issues. > in your example we need a way to anchor on just the 'e' right? or do you want it on the e + super/subscript? Yes, we only need to anchor to e. Thanks! Gavin