* \to in footer?
@ 2007-01-13 23:31 andrea valle
From: andrea valle @ 2007-01-13 23:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi to all,

I wanted to use in footer an arrow so I went with:
\setupfootertexts[$\to$ help]

It raises an error.
I solved with $\rightarrow$, but I was curious about this fact
Why does it happen?

many thanls

-a-

Andrea Valle
DAMS - Facoltà di Scienze della Formazione
Università degli Studi di Torino
http://www.semiotiche.it/andrea
andrea.valle@unito.it

* Re: \to in footer?
@ 2007-01-14 10:23 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2007-01-14 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

andrea valle wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> I wanted to use in footer an arrow so I went with:
> \setupfootertexts[$\to$ help]
>
> It raises an error.
> I solved with $\rightarrow$, but I was curious about this fact
> Why does it happen?

The \to creates interference with the keyword scanner in
the footer|header text macro (because the internal macro,
\convertargument, uses \to as an argument delimiter).

There is no way you could have known that.

Best, Taco

* Re: \to in footer?
@ 2007-01-14 18:09   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-01-14 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> andrea valle wrote:
>
>> Hi to all,
>>
>> I wanted to use in footer an arrow so I went with:
>> \setupfootertexts[$\to$ help]
>>
>> It raises an error.
>> I solved with $\rightarrow$, but I was curious about this fact
>> Why does it happen?
>>

> The \to creates interference with the keyword scanner in
> the footer|header text macro (because the internal macro,
> \convertargument, uses \to as an argument delimiter).
>
> There is no way you could have known that.

{$\to$} may help

i hav eplans to use an alternative syntax for the append macros (some day)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: \to in footer?