* bibliography problems
@ 2014-08-26  8:34 Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2014-08-26  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have set up:

\setuppublications[numbering=short]
\setupcite[short]

but the \cite commands show (Author, Year) and not the short code and the \placepublications does not indent the entries enough, hence the item entry’s first column (the short code) overlaps with the actual entry.

How do I fix these? Can’t find it on the wiki or in the bibmod-doc.pdf

* Re: bibliography problems
@ 2014-08-26  8:38 ` Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2014-08-26  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 26 Aug 2014, at 10:34, Gerben Wierda <Gerben.Wierda@rna.nl> wrote:

> I have set up:
>
> \setuppublications[numbering=short]
> \setupcite[short]
>
> but the \cite commands show (Author, Year) and not the short code and the \placepublications does not indent the entries enough, hence the item entry’s first column (the short code) overlaps with the actual entry.
>
> How do I fix these? Can’t find it on the wiki or in the bibmod-doc.pdf

I did not look well.
	refcommand=short,autohang=yes

* Re: Bibliography problems
@ 2006-01-07 13:37             ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-01-07 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Antos wrote:

> I have discovered a small typo in the bibl-apa.tex file: it uses "et.al."
> in many places. I believe that the correct form does not contain the dot
> after "et".

Peter Münster reported the same thing ;-)

This will be fixed in the upcoming beta (next week)

Cheers,
Taco

* Re: Bibliography problems
@ 2006-01-07 13:11           ` David Antos
From: David Antos @ 2006-01-07 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 08:46:13PM +0100, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Removing 'url' from  the bibcommandlist (line 440 of t-bib.tex) should
> work out OK in your case.
>
> A 'nice' solution needs quite some thinking

Hello,

it works fine. Thanks a lot!

I have discovered a small typo in the bibl-apa.tex file: it uses "et.al."
in many places. I believe that the correct form does not contain the dot
after "et".

Regards,
D.A.

--
Parental advisory: explicit mathematical expressions.
-- Mgr. Miloš Liška

* Re: Bibliography problems
@ 2006-01-05 19:46         ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-01-05 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2006-01-05 19:00       ` David Antos
From: David Antos @ 2006-01-05 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 07:03:03PM +0100, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> I don't know how to remove this little "bug", but I would insert URLs
> in the following way:

Hello,

systematically, sure ;)

> to get an active url in the document. (Taco, what are the square
> brackets doing around the url in the resulting pdf?)

Is there an easy way to remove the right square bracket? I don't need
clickable URL's and I'm under extreme time pressure now. I'm sorry to say,
but I'd be happy for an ugly hack ;)

Thanks a lot,
D.A.

--
...Unix, MS-DOS, and Windows NT (also known as the Good, the Bad, and
the Ugly).

* Re: Bibliography problems
@ 2006-01-05 18:03     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2006-01-05 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 1/5/06, David Antos wrote:

> I've included URL's into notes in bib file in the following format
>   note = {\useURL[http://www.obfuscation.org/ipf/]
>                  [http://www.obfuscation.org/ipf/]
>           \url[http://www.obfuscation.org/ipf/]}
>
> It used to work well, with the latest version, the finishing ']' gets
> typeset. I've tried to surround the fiinal \url macro with {} but it does
> not work.

\url was redefined (sorry, that may be my fault) for the use within bibtex.

I don't know how to remove this little "bug", but I would insert URLs
in the following way:

Inside .bib, use url= instead of note=

@Misc{compact-filter,
  key =          {Compact Filter},
  title =	 {{Compact Filter:  An IDD Based Packet Filter for Linux}},
  url = {http://www.cs.aau.dk/tilde-mixxel/cf/},
  month =	 {August},
  year =	 2005
}

See bibl-apa.tex. It doesn't include URLs by default (perhaps it
should, but I don't know if it is still possible to do that without
people complaining because of the slightly changed behaviour if they
had url in their .bib files which were ignored before; comments?).

The example above is an @Misc, so you have to adapt the style for misc
to include url as well:

\setuppublicationlayout[misc]{%
   \insertauthors{}{ }{\insertthekey{}{. }{}}%
   \insertpubyear{(}{). }{}%
   \inserttitle{\bgroup }{\egroup \insertseries{ (}{)}. }{}%
   \insertpublisher{}{. }{}%
   \insertpages{}{p. }{}%
   \inserturl{}{}{}% ADDED
   \insertnote{ }{.}{}%
}

That way you'll get the desired output with much cleaner .bib files.
You can also use
\cite[url][compact-filter]
to get an active url in the document. (Taco, what are the square
brackets doing around the url in the resulting pdf?)

(I don't know if you can make the entry on the last page active as
well. In the example you didn't have it.)

The bad news is that you would have to do that for every possible type
of publication where you use URLs, but you used it in Misc only
anyway, so no additional work is needed.

Mojca

* Re: Bibliography problems
@ 2006-01-05 16:50   ` David Antos
From: David Antos @ 2006-01-05 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 02:56:01PM +0100, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>   http://tex.aanhet.net/bib/m-bib-beta-20051123b.zip
>
> That should take care of your first points.

Hello,

yes, it works great!

> Last I checked, \cite within the biblist typesets correctly,
> but it does not actually make the record appear in the list
> unless it is also cited elsewhere.

Great, it's pretty reasonable.

Two minor issues:
I've included URL's into notes in bib file in the following format
  note = {\useURL[http://www.obfuscation.org/ipf/]
                 [http://www.obfuscation.org/ipf/]
          \url[http://www.obfuscation.org/ipf/]}

It used to work well, with the latest version, the finishing ']' gets
typeset. I've tried to surround the fiinal \url macro with {} but it does
not work.

And finally, I refer to bibliography in many chapters, so I need
\setuplist[pubs][criterium=previous]
in order to make the complete list. I refer to publications in the appendix
that is placed *after* the bibliography. The entry from the appendix is
not typeset by \placepublications.

What is the correct \setuplist in this case?

Thanks a lot,
D.A.

--
The crew should smile, wave to farmers, people on tractors, law enforcement,
anyone else who is watching the balloon, and be polite at all times.

* Re: Bibliography problems
@ 2006-01-05 13:56 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-01-05 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi David,

If \setupcite[compress=no] is acceptable to you, then I suggest
getting the latest beta of the bib module:

   http://tex.aanhet.net/bib/m-bib-beta-20051123b.zip

That should take care of your first points.

The "misc" entries need an adjusted (better) definition of
\setuppublicationlayout.  Try this (in your preamble):

   \setuppublicationlayout[misc]{%
     \insertauthors{}{ }{\insertthekey{}{. }{}}%
     \insertpubyear{(\insertmonth{}{, }{}}{). }{}%
     \inserttitle{\bgroup }{\egroup \insertseries{ (}{)}. }{}%
     \insertpublisher{}{. }{\inserthowpublished{}{. }{}}%
     \insertpages{}{p. }{}%
     \insertnote{ }{.}{}%
   }

Last I checked, \cite within the biblist typesets correctly,
but it does not actually make the record appear in the list
unless it is also cited elsewhere.

(the reason behind that is that it is apparently not possible
  to add stuff to a \definelist-ed list while that same list is
  being typeset).

Cheers, Taco

David Antos wrote:
> 	Hello,
>
> I have several problems with the bibliography module in last stable
> (2005.12.19).
>
> You can find a minimal (well, as minimal as I was able to prepare ;)
> example at http://www.fi.muni.cz/~xantos/biblio-example.tgz .
>
> First, starting with the second page of bibliography, the beginnings of
> lines are not aligned to the left.
>
> Moreover, some entries produce an empty line after them. It seems probable
> that some unwanted spaces appear in the macros.
>
> In "misc" entries, only authors and titles are typeset. See the very first
> entry cited in the document (Ha\v{z}muk): it contains howpublished and
> month and they are ignored. BTW, is the \cite inside the bibliography entry
> likely to work?
>
> Can I correct my setups somehow to override those problems?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> D.A.

* Bibliography problems
@ 2006-01-05  9:57 David Antos
From: David Antos @ 2006-01-05  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

[...]

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
-- Mark Twain