From: andrea valle <valle@di.unito.it>
Subject: Re: strange (?) exporting from pdf
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 11:25:02 +0200	[thread overview]

After tweaking a bit with OO, I realized that defining precisely the
format options is not my goal.
My goal is to have as input structured text (model) to be mapped to
different outputs (views).

So, actually my minimal, low cost, idea for a setup is the following:

1. Write your doc in xhtml.
2. To interchange: open it directly in OO and convert it to rtf (doc,
etc...). This is the strenght of (x)html
3. To have ConTeXt (great) output:
	3.1 use xml commands in Context
	3.2 translate in ConTeXt via a regular expression based python script
(my default)
	This is the stenght of x(ht)ml

-a-

On 25 Oct 2005, at 00:51, Hans Hagen Test wrote:

>>> Thanks a lot, I was in fact investigating OO.
>>

>> If you make up something useful from OpenDocumentFormat (or OOo's old
>>  format), please share it � I guess an OOo to ConTeXt converter would
>>  help some people.
>
> actually i've done some of that some time ago in an experimental
> project; doable as long asin oo one does not mess round too much with
> tabs (not that well structured xml)
>
> Hans

Andrea Valle
DAMS - Facoltà di Scienze della Formazione
Università degli Studi di Torino
andrea.valle@unito.it