From: David Arnold <dwarnold45@cox.net>
Cc: Jacob Prystowsky <jmprystowsky@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Oh no! Never update in the middle of a project. I	am	in trouble.
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 15:25:17 -0700	[thread overview]

Hans,

I think when we make your fixes, we'll be OK.

We have one more failure that won't compile.

chapter1 $ texexec section3exercises

This crashes on:

(./section3exercises-texutil0.tmp
! Missing } inserted.
<inserted text>
                 }
<to be read again>
                    \endgroup
\special@@descriptionhandler ...t #2\endstrut }}}}
                                                   \doifsomething
{\descripti...

\@@dostartdescription ...gnorespaces #3\endstrut }
                                                   }\assignwidth \!!
widtha {\...

\do@@description ...tion [#2]{\def \\{\crlf }}{#3}
                                                   \noindent
\ignorespaces #1...

\dodogotopar ...escription {question}[ex:sec3.1]{}
                                                   \BeforePar \emptytoks
l.3 \startbuffer

?

Pressing "e" takes me to this area:

\startquestion[ex:sec3.1]

\startbuffer
numeric w,h;
w=4cm;h=4cm;
% inititialize numerator and denominator of the slope of f
numeric a;
a=1.5;

Our exercise envrionment file looks like this:

\defineenumeration[questions][location=serried,text=\blank]
\setupenumerations[questions][before={\page[yes]\unnumberedsubsection
{Exercises}\startcolumns[n=2]},after=\stopcolumns,number=no]

\defineenumeration[answers][location=serried,text=\blank]
\setupenumerations[answers][before={\unnumberedsubsection{Answers}
\startcolumns[n=2]},after=\stopcolumns,number=no]

\def\placeanswers{\startanswers\doifmodeelse{short}{\selectblocks
[shortanswer][criterium=section]}{\selectblocks[longanswer]
[criterium=section]}\stopanswers}

\defineenumeration[question][location=inleft,text={\color[heavygreen]
\bgroup}]
\setupenumerations
[question]
[location=inleft,
   headcolor=heavygreen,
%  stopper={.\egroup},
   way=bysection,
   sectionnumber=no]

\defineenumeration[subquestion][location=hanging,text={\color
[heavygreen]\bgroup},conversion=characters]
\setupenumerations[subquestion][stopper={.\egroup}]

\defineenumeration[answer][location=inleft,text={\color[heavygreen]
\bgroup}]
\setupenumerations
   [answer]
   [location=inleft,
    headcolor=heavygreen,
%   stopper={.\egroup},
    way=bysection,
    sectionnumber=no]

\defineenumeration[subanswer][location=hanging,text={\color
[heavygreen]\bgroup},conversion=characters]
\setupenumerations[subanswer][stopper={.\egroup}]

\defineblock[question,shortanswer,longanswer]
\hideblocks[shortanswer,longanswer]

Do you see what might be causing the problem?