* frame "thickness"
@ 2006-10-20  0:05 andrea valle
From: andrea valle @ 2006-10-20  0:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi to all,

sorry this should be obvious but I cannot find it in the docs.
How do I set in \setupframed the frame "thickness" (i.e. the thickness
of the surrounding border)?

Thanks a lot

-a-

Andrea Valle
DAMS - Facoltà di Scienze della Formazione
Università degli Studi di Torino
http://www.semiotiche.it/andrea
andrea.valle@unito.it

* Re: frame "thickness"
@ 2006-10-20  7:37 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-10-20  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

andrea valle wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> sorry this should be obvious but I cannot find it in the docs.
> How do I set in \setupframed the frame "thickness" (i.e. the thickness
> of the surrounding border)?

\framed[rulethickness=1mm]{Thick as can be}

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: frame "thickness"
@ 2006-10-20  8:34   ` andrea valle
From: andrea valle @ 2006-10-20  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Fantastic. I'm having great time in creating a(n academic) poster with
ConTeXt.

By the way, is there a way where the command is listed?

Thanks

-a-

@ 2006-10-20  8:44     ` andrea valle
From: andrea valle @ 2006-10-20  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

> By the way, is there a way where the command is listed?

(I mean, the option "ruledthickness" indeed)

@ 2006-10-20  8:57       ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2006-10-20  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

2006/10/20, andrea valle <valle@di.unito.it>:

> > By the way, is there a way where the command is listed?
> >

> (I mean, the option "ruledthickness" indeed)
>
> -a-
>

> Andrea Valle

Hi Anrea,

the option rulethickness for the framed macro is nowhere listed in
one if the manuals, it is only mentioned in the wiki als parmater
for natural Tables http://wiki.contextgarden.net/TABLE#Make_a_cell_bold
and at the page for the animated euro sign
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/EuroAnim.

It is currently missing in the commanindex setup-en.pdf (and the
neccesary file cont-en.xml).

The best sources are only the sources if you want to know  which
options are available for every command.

Wolfgang

* Re: frame "thickness"
@ 2006-10-20  9:38         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-10-20  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> It is currently missing in the commanindex setup-en.pdf (and the
> neccesary file cont-en.xml).
hm, interesting since it's rather old; added

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: frame "thickness"
@ 2006-10-20 11:49           ` andrea valle
From: andrea valle @ 2006-10-20 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

So, command list is edited by hand?
It is not possible to have something like doxygen to generate a command
list from source?

Just for my curiousity.
(It will be always updated, and won't require additional efforts).

-a-

@ 2006-10-20 12:35             ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-10-20 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

andrea valle wrote:
> So, command list is edited by hand?
> It is not possible to have something like doxygen to generate a command
> list from source?

even then it has to be defined i.e. edited ; maybe some day it will be
possible to generate the \setup commands from the formal definition [the
reverse] (and also add some checking) but i'll happily wait with that
till i have a faster computer.

spreading the definitions across the source (i.e. splitting up
cont-en.xml) is an option but we don't gain anything; actually, long ago
those defs were all over the place
> Just for my curiousity.
> (It will be always updated, and won't require additional efforts).

tex is not a regular programming language -)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: frame "thickness"
@ 2006-10-20 14:52         ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-10-20 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> 2006/10/20, andrea valle <valle@di.unito.it>:
>>
>> > By the way, is there a way where the command is listed?
>> >

>> (I mean, the option "ruledthickness" indeed)
>>
>> -a-
>>

>> Andrea Valle
>

> Hi Anrea,
>
> the option rulethickness for the framed macro is nowhere listed in
> one if the manuals, it is only mentioned in the wiki als parmater
> for natural Tables http://wiki.contextgarden.net/TABLE#Make_a_cell_bold
> and at the page for the animated euro sign
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/EuroAnim.
>
> It is currently missing in the commanindex setup-en.pdf (and the
> neccesary file cont-en.xml).
>
> The best sources are only the sources if you want to know  which
> options are available for every command.

True indeed. This is what I usually do to find out about an option. Search
texwebshow for options. If it is there, read the manual for the
description.

If I do not find any relevant option, but know that ConTeXt ought to have
an option for what I want (which usually means that it will), look in the
sources. My strategy for searching the sources involves finding out which
source file defines the option. (search on sources.contextgarden.net work
for most cases, I use grep for the cases which are more trickier to find).
Most (all?) commands come with an accompanying \setup command, which
initiallizes all the options for the command. This way, one knows atleast
which options a command will accept. In most cases guessing the
functionality of an option is easy, as ConTeXt uses a consistent interface
for everything. Sometimes, when I have no clue what that option does, I
search where the option is used. Most options are stored using
\getparameters[\??xx] where xx is a two letter abbreviation. Then you can
search for \@@xxoption to see where it is used. That way, you can usually
guess what an option does.

The sources also have some examples that are usually useful in
understanding a few tricks about the command.

If I still can not figure out, I ask on the mailing list.

Aditya

* Re: frame "thickness"
@ 2006-10-20 22:14           ` andrea valle
From: andrea valle @ 2006-10-20 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)