Hi Taco, I am not in math mode. I am not sure what happened, but somehow I must have send my reply to the wrong thread. I have since send it to the correct thread, see \uchar and italics question. Sorry for the inconvenience, Sjoerd On 18 Jan 2006, at 08:47, Taco Hoekwater wrote: > sjoerd siebinga wrote: > > > > On 17 Jan 2006, at 23:54, Hans Hagen wrote: > > > >> > >> does {\it blabla} give italic? > > > > > > Yes it does. But when I place the \uchar{1}{01} inbetween the bla > bla's > > the glyph remains regular. > > Are you in math mode, by any chance? > An very small example with wrong versus right would be very helpful. > > Cheers, Taco >