From: Maurice Diamantini <Maurice.Diamantini@ensta.fr>
Cc: Maurice Diamantini <Maurice.Diamantini@ensta.fr>
Subject: Re: beginners manual (xml input versus html output)
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 15:02:59 +0100	[thread overview]

Le 25 nov. 05 à 10:47, Wolfgang Zillig a écrit :

> Maurice Diamantini (dom) schrieb:
>> And for people comming from LaTeX, it would be nice to see also :
>> - a basic exemple for creating html from ConTeXt,
>
> I would argument that it is easyer to create ConTeXt from a propper
> XML/XHTML source! But as it is the beginner manual a reference to
> the XML manual should be enough.
>
>> - some mathematics
>
> not really a big problem, but you have the choice also to use MathML.

This is always the same  difference of opinion :

- Some people like to see the only input format to be xml (write xml for
   math, ...) and think *TeX as one of the output formats (as for
   pdf, xhtml, ps...).

- Other poeple (specialy those coming from TeX community) prefere
   writing by hand (yes it does yet exists !) some readable and lite
document
   with math formula or other, then convert then as pdf printable
   output and (if possible also some (x)?html resizable ouput format

But perhaps I doesn't understand ConTeXt xml features. Perhaps
context is able to generate xml files instead of only reading them?
If it is the case, then let me know, as it could solve the html
navigator
problem. So I'll have to learn more about xm and xml styles?

Maurice