* Disappearing Columnar Text
@ 2014-02-19 10:00 Thangalin
From: Thangalin @ 2014-02-19 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

When using "\startmixedcolumns[balance=yes,grid=strut]", how would you
put a 0.5em vertical space between a subtitle and a list of items?

The following code gives a simple example:

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=pT5tcXfc

Uncommenting the following line hides the list items under "Subtitle A":

  %after={\vskip-0.5em},

See: http://i.imgur.com/wFIkRZY.png

Removing a list item from the end of the list for "Subtitle C" makes
the items appear again. For example, change the last "\dorecurse"
macro to:

  \dorecurse{7}{ \item {a list item} }

How can I tweak the amount of space between a title before a list
while using a two-column layout without causing the content to
disappear?

For reference: http://i.imgur.com/2EysUWp.png

Thank you!

* Re: Disappearing Columnar Text
@ 2014-02-19 23:25 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2014-02-19 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 19.02.2014 um 11:00 schrieb Thangalin <thangalin@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> When using "\startmixedcolumns[balance=yes,grid=strut]", how would you
> put a 0.5em vertical space between a subtitle and a list of items?

When you don’t enable the grid for your whole document with \setuplayout
you can disable the grid snapping for mixed columns with “grid=”.

Wolfgang