* Drag and Drop and Authenticate on the Mac OS Tiger
@ 2005-11-28  3:52 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2005-11-28  3:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gerben et al,

I am worried about an ownership problem in my texmf.local tree in GWTeX.

I get this iwona font, then drag the folder doc/fonts/iwona from the
download to /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/doc/fonts using drag
and drop and finder. I am asked to authenticate and I do so.

Opening a terminal window and checking the result, I find:

fonts $ ls -l
total 0
drwxr-xr-x    8 root     wheel  272 Nov 20 19:59 cm-super
drwxrwxr-x   14 darnold  wheel  476 Nov 27 19:27 iwona

See how the result is owned by darnold:wheel? Is that gonna cause a
problem? Should it be changed to root:wheel?

Would it be OK to change to /usr/local/teTeX/share and then as root:

chown -R root:wheel *

Or would this be a bad idea?

Gerben, I think maybe all these font thingys I've been trying out to
go in ~/Library/texmf. What say you?

David

* Re: Drag and Drop and Authenticate on the Mac OS Tiger
@ 2005-11-28 14:56 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2005-11-28 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

> fonts $ ls -l
> total 0
> drwxr-xr-x    8 root     wheel  272 Nov 20 19:59 cm-super
> drwxrwxr-x   14 darnold  wheel  476 Nov 27 19:27 iwona
>
> See how the result is owned by darnold:wheel? Is that gonna cause a
> problem? Should it be changed to root:wheel?
> Would it be OK to change to /usr/local/teTeX/share and then as root:
> chown -R root:wheel *

That should cause no problems.

> Gerben, I think maybe all these font thingys I've been trying out to
> go in ~/Library/texmf. What say you?

On my system it works this way (I keep all my additional fonts etc there).

Greetlings,
Hraban