* Letter module - appendices
@ 2009-02-15 21:30 Wolfgang Schuster
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-02-15 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

I know at least a few people use my letter module and I want to ask
them if they have a problem when I change the handling of appendices
like CC and postscript.

The current way to write them is

\startletter
   [copy=...,
    postscript=...]
\stopletter

and I want to change this in

\startletter
\CC{...} % or \copy{...}
\PS{...} % or \postscript{...}
\stopletter

As positive side effect of the new method would be to write

\startletter
\opening{...}
\closing{...}
\stopletter

as a alternative way to write the opening and closing text (the old
keyval
works too) but the appendices can be only handled in one way.

Wolfgang

* Re: Letter module - appendices
@ 2009-02-17  9:12 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2009-02-17  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Wolfgang,

I use your module voor an association. I have no problem if you
change the CC and PS part.

Kind regards

Willi

@ 2009-02-17 10:24 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2009-02-17 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> \CC{...} % or \copy{...}
> \PS{...} % or \postscript{...}

No problem for me neither, but be careful with name-clashes: perhaps, Hans
will add macros \copy or \postscript in the future.
Cheers, Peter

--
Contact information: http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: Letter module - appendices
@ 2009-02-17 13:12   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-02-17 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 17.02.2009 um 11:24 schrieb Peter Münster:

>> \CC{...} % or \copy{...}
>> \PS{...} % or \postscript{...}
>
> No problem for me neither, but be careful with name-clashes:
> perhaps, Hans
> will add macros \copy or \postscript in the future.
> Cheers, Peter

I will use now \ps, \cc and \encl. I already dropped \copy because TeX
has a \copy primitive and both conflict with longer letter (>1 pages).

@ 2009-02-17 20:53 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-02-17 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a new version with the appendices handling, here is a
example how
to use them. All of them are optional and will appear in the output in
the
order you write them in the text.

\usemodule[letter]

\starttext

\startletter

\input knuth

% To get a prefix for the postscript write 'PS:' in the text
% or use a labeltext, e.g. \setuplabeltext[en][letter:postscript=PS: ]

\ps{Postscript}

\cc{List of recipients}

\encl{Enclosed documents}

\stopletter