There is a behaviour of xmlconcat that I do not understand. Calling as \xmlconcat{#1}{test}{xxx} correctly interjects the "xxx" between the successive members, in according with the documentation. But using the command version for calling: \xmlconcat{#1}{test/command(xmltest:test)}{yyy} does typeset the nodes but not the text from the third argument. It might be the correct behaviour but it confuses me. Any comments or enlightment? Thamks in advance. Hans van der Meer Minimal example: \setuppapersize[A6][A6] \startxmlsetups xmltest:setups \xmlsetsetup{\xmldocument}{root|test}{xmltest:*} \stopxmlsetups \xmlregistersetup{xmltest:setups} \startxmlsetups xmltest:root \writestatus{TEST}{calling xmltest:root} \xmlconcat{#1}{test}{xxx}\crlf \xmlconcat{#1}{test/command(xmltest:test)}{yyy}\crlf \stopxmlsetups \startxmlsetups xmltest:test \xmlflush{#1} \stopxmlsetups \startbuffer[xmlbuffer] node-1 node-2 node-3 node-4 \stopbuffer \starttext \xmlprocessbuffer{root}{xmlbuffer}{} \stoptext \endinput