* alternate to font feature file for glyph substitution ?
@ 2016-04-28 14:08 jfbu
From: jfbu @ 2016-04-28 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

how should I go at the Plain TeX level about implementing
the following glyph substitution which I formerly expressed
in a font feature file:

languagesystem DFLT dflt;
languagesystem latn dflt;

feature oneb {
  sub one by one.ss01;
} oneb;

The font is Vollkorn, a Plain LuaTeX file which worked in TL2015 would be

\input luaotfload.sty
\font\x="Vollkorn:script=latn;language=DFLT;+tlig;featurefile=vollkornlua.fff;+oneb;"
\x 123
\bye
% Local Variables:
% TeX-engine: luatex
% End:

The glyph for digit 1 is modified and picked in stylistic set 1. I don't want
to globally switch to that stylistic set, I am only interested into digit 1.

My use case is more with LuaLaTeX+fontspec, but if I am explained
a Plain LuaTeX approach I can at least forward to Will Robertson
who maintains fontspec and cross my fingers that it trickles down
back to me at some point via update of fontspec, or luatex, or luaotfload,

Please CC to me as although I asked for (temporary) list inscription
I might not yet be registered.

I am aware of https://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2016/083952.html
but can't work it out from there.

Jean-François

* Re: alternate to font feature file for glyph substitution ?
@ 2016-05-05  8:55 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2016-05-05  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 4:08 PM, jfbu <jfbu@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> how should I go at the Plain TeX level about implementing
> the following glyph substitution which I formerly expressed
> in a font feature file:
>
> Sorru for delay,  we were busy due
the texlive deadline.

--
luigi

* Re: alternate to font feature file for glyph substitution ?
@ 2016-05-05  9:19   ` jfbu
From: jfbu @ 2016-05-05  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le 5 mai 2016 à 10:55, luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com> a écrit :

> On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 4:08 PM, jfbu <jfbu@free.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how should I go at the Plain TeX level about implementing
> the following glyph substitution which I formerly expressed
> in a font feature file:
>
> Sorru for delay,  we were busy due
> the texlive deadline.

no problem, thanks. I have since gotten an answer to my question at

https://github.com/lualatex/luaotfload/issues/347#issuecomment-215625928

regards

@ 2016-05-10 14:25 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-05-10 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context, jfbu

On 4/28/2016 4:08 PM, jfbu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how should I go at the Plain TeX level about implementing
> the following glyph substitution which I formerly expressed
> in a font feature file:
>
> languagesystem DFLT dflt;
> languagesystem latn dflt;
>
> feature oneb {
>   sub one by one.ss01;
> } oneb;
>
> The font is Vollkorn, a Plain LuaTeX file which worked in TL2015 would be
>
> \input luaotfload.sty
> \font\x="Vollkorn:script=latn;language=DFLT;+tlig;featurefile=vollkornlua.fff;+oneb;"
> \x 123
> \bye
> % Local Variables:
> % TeX-engine: luatex
> % End:
>
> The glyph for digit 1 is modified and picked in stylistic set 1. I don't want
> to globally switch to that stylistic set, I am only interested into digit 1.

\starttext

\startluacode
     fonts.handlers.otf.addfeature {
         name = "oneb",