* GNU Emacs/ AucTeX configuration for ConTeXt
@ 2005-12-02  7:36 Renaud AUBIN
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Renaud AUBIN @ 2005-12-02  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

Is there someone using GNU Emacs with ConTeXt. After some googlelyzing,
I've learnt :
1. ConTeXt mode from Berend de Boer is now included in AucTeX
2. Some people use Emacs with ConTeXt and METAPOST, but with special .el
files that seems not really up-to-date

I didn't found usefull information to configure properly AucTeX in order
to work well with ConTeXt and METAPOST, even in the auctex mailing list.
It's ok for the menu (apparently managed by site) but I don't have
syntax highlighting except for comment and indenting doesn't work well.
So, my questions are:
1. Since there is a ConTeXt mode, I suppose there is some advanced
features like syntax highlighting and indentation rules. Am I right ?
2. If I'm right, how to configure it ?
3. I will use METAPOST in my .tex files, how to manage this within Emacs ?
4. You know advanded features I must know ? ;-)

I'm sorry but I'm addicted to Emacs and don't want to use Scite even if
it seems ConTeXt-friendly. I'm aware of the fact that this mail is more
Emacs/AucTeX related but since I didn't succeed in finding answers yet I
submit this issue to the ConTeXt community.

Best regards,

* GNU Emacs/ AucTeX configuration for ConTeXt
@ 2005-12-01 23:30 Renaud AUBIN
From: Renaud AUBIN @ 2005-12-01 23:30 UTC (permalink / raw)