* Rows or columns on top in TABLE
@ 2006-03-24 22:42 Johan Sandblom
From: Johan Sandblom @ 2006-03-24 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

the following creates a table with the even rows gray, but the lines
between columns is only visible on the rows with no background. Is
there a way to influence whether the row or column layouts are on top?

Regards, Johan

\bTABLE
\setupTABLE[frame=off]
\setupTABLE[c][1,2][rightframe=on]
\setupTABLE[row][even][background=color, backgroundcolor=gray]
\bTR\bTD test\eTD\bTD test\eTD\eTR
\bTR\bTD test\eTD\bTD test\eTD\eTR
\bTR\bTD test\eTD\bTD test\eTD\eTR
\eTABLE

--
Johan Sandblom  N8, MRC, Karolinska sjh
t +46851776108  17176 Stockholm

* Re: Rows or columns on top in TABLE
@ 2006-03-26 20:41 ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2006-03-26 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Johan,

Johan Sandblom wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the following creates a table with the even rows gray, but the lines
> between columns is only visible on the rows with no background. Is
> there a way to influence whether the row or column layouts are on top?

None that I know of.

The lines are part of the table cell, which means that a vertical line
between two columns is made of many small line segments. So the line is
printed, when the cell is printed (left to right, top to bottom).
Also when a cell is printed, it overlaps their left and top neighboar
cell a bit. I could imagine some reasons (printing/buggy viewer) for
this, but you better ask Hans.

An easy solution: use leftframe in the next column instead (as they are
not overdrawn) and use rightframe only for the last column.

Greets, Peter

@ 2006-03-26 23:23   ` Johan Sandblom
From: Johan Sandblom @ 2006-03-26 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Perfect! I was sure I had tried that. I was locked into a vague
hypothesis concerning drawfill and filldraw operations, when I really
ought to have looked at the source.

Thank you, Johan