* \setuppapersize and \startMPpage
@ 2006-05-09 12:53 Johan Sandblom
From: Johan Sandblom @ 2006-05-09 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear expertise,

I have the following:

\definepapersize[thesis][width=169mm, height=239mm]
\setuppapersize[thesis][A4]
\setuplayout
 [location=middle, marking=on]
\setuppagenumbering
 [alternative=doublesided, location=marginedge, state=stop]

\starttext

% Title page
\startMPpage
% Some metafun
\stopMPpage

% Some text
\stoptext

The resulting pdf has a smaller first page (thesis size) while the
rest are A4 with the thesis pages place centrally. I would like to see
the title page placed on an A4 sheet as well. What am I doing wrong?

Johan

--
Johan Sandblom  N8, MRC, Karolinska sjh
t +46851776108  17176 Stockholm

* Re: \setuppapersize and \startMPpage
@ 2006-05-09 13:31 ` Aditya Mahajan
       [not found]   ` <97a06f070605100041u72a34d98se01c740f101b427@mail.gmail.com>
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-05-09 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 9 May 2006, Johan Sandblom wrote:

> Dear expertise,
>
> I have the following:
>
> \definepapersize[thesis][width=169mm, height=239mm]
> \setuppapersize[thesis][A4]
> \setuplayout
> [location=middle, marking=on]
> \setuppagenumbering
> [alternative=doublesided, location=marginedge, state=stop]
>
> \starttext
>
> % Title page
> \startMPpage
> % Some metafun
> \stopMPpage
>
> % Some text
> \stoptext
>
> The resulting pdf has a smaller first page (thesis size) while the
> rest are A4 with the thesis pages place centrally. I would like to see
> the title page placed on an A4 sheet as well. What am I doing wrong?

MPpage creates a page with dimensions equal to the bounding box of the
graphic. If you want to center a MP figure on your title page, use
\startMPgraphic

Aditya

--
Aditya Mahajan, EECS Systems, University of Michigan
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~adityam || Ph: 7342624008

* Re: \setuppapersize and \startMPpage
       [not found]     ` <Pine.WNT.4.63.0605101931070.2728@nqvgln>
@ 2006-05-11  7:11       ` Johan Sandblom
From: Johan Sandblom @ 2006-05-11  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

2006/5/11, Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu>:
> On Wed, 10 May 2006, Johan Sandblom wrote:
>
> > Thank you, this almost works, but the title graphic (of thesis size)
> > is not centered on the A4 paper, but in the lower right corner. How
> > can I make it go to the right place?
> >
> > \definepapersize[thesis][width=169mm, height=239mm]
> > \setuppapersize[thesis][A4]
> > \starttext
> > \startMPgraphic
> > % Some metafun
> > \stopMPgraphic
> > \loadcurrentMPgraphic{possibly something should go here?}
> > \placeMPgraphic
> > % Some text
> > \stoptext
>

> Untested, but how about
>
> \loadcurrentMPgraphic %{width=\textwidth}
> %Try with and without textwidth
> \placefigure
>   [here]
>   {none}
>   {\placeMPgraphic}

Yes, I tried that; with no arguments to \loadcurrentMPgraphic the
thesis page is placed on the bottom of the A4 and not quite in the
middle (?). with width=\textwidth or \makeupwidth the result is the
same.

> Aditya
>
> PS: In future, also copy to the list, others may have better idea on
> how to do this.

Yes, I had intended to, and thought I did, but apparently I am more
trigger happy than I allow for ...

Thank you for your help, Johan

@ 2006-05-11  8:51         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-05-11  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Johan Sandblom wrote:
> 2006/5/11, Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu>:
>
>> On Wed, 10 May 2006, Johan Sandblom wrote:
>>

>>> Thank you, this almost works, but the title graphic (of thesis size)
>>> is not centered on the A4 paper, but in the lower right corner. How
>>> can I make it go to the right place?
>>>
>>> \definepapersize[thesis][width=169mm, height=239mm]
>>> \setuppapersize[thesis][A4]
>>> \starttext
>>> \startMPgraphic
>>> % Some metafun
>>> \stopMPgraphic
>>> \loadcurrentMPgraphic{possibly something should go here?}
>>> \placeMPgraphic
>>> % Some text
>>> \stoptext
>>>
>> Untested, but how about
>>
>> \loadcurrentMPgraphic %{width=\textwidth}
>> %Try with and without textwidth
>> \placefigure
>>   [here]
>>   {none}
>>   {\placeMPgraphic}
>>

> Yes, I tried that; with no arguments to \loadcurrentMPgraphic the
> thesis page is placed on the bottom of the A4 and not quite in the
> middle (?). with width=\textwidth or \makeupwidth the result is the
> same.
>

>> Aditya
>>
>> PS: In future, also copy to the list, others may have better idea on
>> how to do this.
>>

> Yes, I had intended to, and thought I did, but apparently I am more
> trigger happy than I allow for ...
>
> Thank you for your help, Johan
>

>>> Regards, Johan

\definepapersize[thesis][width=169mm, height=239mm]
\setuppapersize[thesis][A4]
\definelayer[page][width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight]

\starttext
    \startTEXpage
        \setlayer
          [page]
          [preset=lefttop,x=3cm,y=4cm]
          {\startMPcode
              fill fullcircle scaled 10cm;
           \stopMPcode}
        \tightlayer[page]
    \stopTEXpage
\stoptext

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2006-05-11 12:04           ` Johan Sandblom
From: Johan Sandblom @ 2006-05-11 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

2006/5/11, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>:
> \definepapersize[thesis][width=169mm, height=239mm]
> \setuppapersize[thesis][A4]
> \definelayer[page][width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight]
>
> \starttext
>     \startTEXpage
>         \setlayer
>           [page]
>           [preset=lefttop,x=3cm,y=4cm]
>           {\startMPcode
>               fill fullcircle scaled 10cm;
>            \stopMPcode}
>         \tightlayer[page]
>     \stopTEXpage
> \stoptext

This works if I change \paperwidth and \paperheight to
\printpaperwidth and \printpaperheight and change the dimensions
slightly.

Thank you, Johan