* including pdf and using the entire page
@ 2007-02-04 14:30 Johan Sandblom
From: Johan Sandblom @ 2007-02-04 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

In my document I want to include a few published pdf files. I have
accomplished this with

\chapter{File 1}
\copypages[file1.pdf][scale=800] % 20 pages
\chapter{File 2}
\copypages[file1.pdf][scale=650] % 16 pages

However, the included pages obey the layout of the rest of the
document, and even if the paper in my document could allow a larger
scale, I cannot use it since some part of the included file falls off
the page.

Is it possible to include pdf files and allow each page to use the
entire page (possibly with room left for a page number)?

I have tried several versions including using makeup (but that is only
one page?), pagefigure (also only one page at a time).

Regards, Johan

--
Johan Sandblom  N8, MRC, Karolinska sjh
t +46851776108  17176 Stockholm

* Re: including pdf and using the entire page
@ 2007-02-04 18:31 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-02-04 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 4 Feb 2007, Johan Sandblom wrote:

> In my document I want to include a few published pdf files. I have
> accomplished this with
>
> \chapter{File 1}
> \copypages[file1.pdf][scale=800] % 20 pages
> \chapter{File 2}
> \copypages[file1.pdf][scale=650] % 16 pages
>
> However, the included pages obey the layout of the rest of the
> document, and even if the paper in my document could allow a larger
> scale, I cannot use it since some part of the included file falls off
> the page.

Try without any value for scale, that is just \copypages[file1.pdf].

> Is it possible to include pdf files and allow each page to use the
> entire page (possibly with room left for a page number)?

See below.

> I have tried several versions including using makeup (but that is only
> one page?), pagefigure (also only one page at a time).

Basically you need to find out the number of pages of the file and
then recursively include them one by one.

Recently, I wanted to print a collection of papers as a single pdf,
with its own table of contents etc. The trouble was that some of the
papers were printed on A4 paper and some were on letter paper. So, I
modified the copypages macro to suit my needs. There is very little
configuration options for the macro, it behaves the way I wanted it
to. Maybe, you can modify it to your needs.

\unprotect

%D Usage \copyfullpages[filename.pdf]

\def\copyfullpages
   {\dodoubleempty\docopyfullpages}

\def\docopyfullpages[#1][#2]%
   {\bgroup
    \getfiguredimensions[#1]%
    \getparameters[\??ip]
      [\c!n=\noffigurepages,
       \c!marking=\v!off,
       \c!scale=\!!thousand,
       \c!offset=\!!zeropoint,
       #2]%
    \dorecurse\@@ipn

{\startTEXpage[\c!width=\paperwidth,\c!height=\paperheight,\c!offset=\@@ipoffset]
        \externalfigure
         [#1]

[\c!page=\recurselevel,\c!width=\paperwidth,\c!height=\paperheight,\c!factor=\v!max,#2]
         \stopTEXpage
        \incrementnumber[page]}
    \egroup}

\protect

For page numbers, I had a separate layer, which printed on top of the
included pdfs (some pdfs were scanned images). I can send you my
module if you want.

Aditya

* Re: including pdf and using the entire page
@ 2007-02-04 19:06   ` Johan Sandblom
From: Johan Sandblom @ 2007-02-04 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you, now I have something to play with! And yes, please, I would
very much like to look at you module.

Johan