* Verbatim modules
@ 2002-02-21 12:07 Robert F. Beeger
From: Robert F. Beeger @ 2002-02-21 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello!

I searched for a possibility to include listings with syntax
highlighting in my current text.

First I thought it would be nice to embed HTML in ConTeXt since my
Java-IDE can export Java-Files with syntax highlighting to HTML.

Then I found the verbatim modules of ConTeXt and think they are a much
better idea. It is more lightweight than having the HTML-export with
all those font settings and so on.

Those verbatim modules do nearly everything I need. Thanks to Pragma
ADE for this. But now I have some questions.

There are is a JS and a JV verbatim environment defined in ConTeXt.
What is the difference between those two. Is it only to make the
intention clear : If you have some Java-code, use JV to make clear
that it is Java and not JavaScript. If it is JavaScript use JS. Or is
there more to it.

I have one problem with the Java/JavaScript verbatim module. I would
like the comments to be grayed out like it is done by the XML module.

If I have

\startJV
// bla
public void bla();
\stopJV

the "//" gets typeset in red and the "bla" after the "//" gets typeset in
black, which is the normal color for non-keywords.
How do I make it that the "bla" after the "//"is grayed out.

An other problem occurres when I use a JavaDoc-Comment

\startJV
  /**
   * bla
   * @param blub Blub bla blub.
   */
\stopJV

Now "/*" and "*/" gets typeset in red, the "*" after "/*" and the text
in the comment gets typeset in black and the two remaining "*" get
grayed out. Here I would like to have "/*", "*/" and the other stars
to be typeset in one color´, be it red or what ever, and the text to
be grayed out. I know this is not that easy to accomplish and is more a
feature request for the future. But since I am into this now, I
thought it would not do any harm, if mentioned it.

Greets
   Robert