* IncludePicture problem with adityam / simple-slides
@ 2009-11-02  5:51 Glen Callaghan
From: Glen Callaghan @ 2009-11-02  5:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

I'm having some problems with "simple-slides".  I'm pretty new to
ConTeXt - so I've probably done something silly.

When I try to use the \IncludePicture command like this:

\IncludePicture
	[horizontal]
	[test]
	{A Dutch Cow}

I get the errors like "! Missing number, treated as zero" and "!
Missing = inserted for \ifnum"  (see below).

I'm using MacTex-2008 distribution.  I've also tried the current
context minimals - but got the same result.

thanks
Glen
-------------

(/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/tex/context/base/sort-lan.mkii))
[1.1]
! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
\s!empty ->e
             mpty
\externalfigurestamp .! Missing = inserted for \ifnum.
<to be read again>
\s!empty ->e
             mpty
\externalfigurestamp ... \ifnum \wantedfigurepage
                                                   >\zeropoint -
\wantedfigure...

\doifobjectfoundelse ...\ifcsname \r!object #1::#2
                                                   \endcsname
\elabelgroup \e...
<argument> ...foundelse {FIG}\externalfigurestamp
                                                   {\doshowfigurestate
{objec...

\firstoftwoarguments #1#2->#1

l.27 	{A Dutch Cow}

? \firstoftwoarguments #1#2->#1

l.27 	{A Dutch Cow}

?

* Re: IncludePicture problem with adityam / simple-slides
@ 2009-11-02  6:42 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-11-02  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009, Glen Callaghan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm having some problems with "simple-slides".  I'm pretty new to ConTeXt -
> so I've probably done something silly.

No. This is probably due to some recent change in ConTeXt. I pushed a fix
to github. See if the new version works for you.

> When I try to use the \IncludePicture command like this:
>
> \IncludePicture
> 	[horizontal]
> 	[test]
> 	{A Dutch Cow}
>
> I get the errors like "! Missing number, treated as zero" and "! Missing =
> inserted for \ifnum"  (see below).

Thomas, we would need to update a new version to contextgarden. This bug
will affect all new versions of mkii.

The bug was because I was misusing moduleparameter where I should have
used variables instead. Something must have changed in MkII recently. The
behaviour does not occur in MkIV so I never noticed it. In any case, this
was long overdue and would make Wolfgang happy :)

Aditya

* Re: IncludePicture problem with adityam / simple-slides
@ 2009-11-02  8:45   ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2009-11-02  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Nov 2, 2009, at 7:42 AM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> Thomas, we would need to update a new version to contextgarden. This
> bug will affect all new versions of mkii.

Aditya,

will do. Are you trying to sort out the problem with the \noexpand in
simpleslides-s-Split.tex? If so, I would wait a bit... I haven't used
the module with mkii in a long time, such bugs can indeed go undetected.

Thanks for the fix, and all best

Thomas

* Re: IncludePicture problem with adityam / simple-slides
@ 2009-11-02 17:05     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-11-02 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

> On Nov 2, 2009, at 7:42 AM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>
>> Thomas, we would need to update a new version to contextgarden. This bug
>> will affect all new versions of mkii.
>
> will do. Are you trying to sort out the problem with the \noexpand in
> simpleslides-s-Split.tex? If so, I would wait a bit... I haven't used the
> module with mkii in a long time, such bugs can indeed go undetected.

Thomas,

I have corrected that. I also don't use the module with mkii, so at some
point we need to properly test everything with mkii again.

I haven't updated the documentation (two new styles, BoxedTitle and
PlainCounter), but that can wait. Please upload the current version of the
module to the garden.

Aditya

* Re: IncludePicture problem with adityam / simple-slides
@ 2009-11-02 22:25       ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2009-11-02 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Nov 2, 2009, at 6:05 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> Thomas,
>
> I have corrected that. I also don't use the module with mkii, so at
> some point we need to properly test everything with mkii again.
>
> I haven't updated the documentation (two new styles, BoxedTitle and
> PlainCounter), but that can wait. Please upload the current version
> of the module to the garden.
>

> Aditya

Done. Thanks for fixing this, and Glen, thanks for the bug report!

Best

Thomas

* Re: IncludePicture problem with adityam / simple-slides
@ 2009-11-03  1:06 Glen Callaghan
From: Glen Callaghan @ 2009-11-03  1:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

That worked, thanks.

BTW - I had lots of trouble trying to download from github.  I only
got a html file (worked ok the previous time).  I ended up copying the
text from the Split file and pasting it over the text in my file here.

thanks again
Glen

* Re: IncludePicture problem with adityam / simple-slides
@ 2009-11-03  0:17 Glen Callaghan
From: Glen Callaghan @ 2009-11-03  0:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

@ 2009-11-02 17:01 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-11-02 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009, Glen Callaghan wrote:

> Sorry Aditya, my comments on the \noexpand command weren't quite accurate.
>
> In the earlier version of simple-slides, leaving out the \noexpand working,
> and the header and footer information worked properly.
>
> In the new version (with the IncludePicture fix), leaving out \noexpand just
> results in the text "empty" appearing at 3 (of the 4) header/footer
> positions.
>
> Is it something to do with using variables instead of moduleparameters?
> .......... not that I know what they are :-)

Yes. It should have been \getvariables{...}{...}. I forgot to correct
that.

Check out the newer version on github. Thanks for reporting these bugs.

Aditya

* Re: IncludePicture problem with adityam / simple-slides
@ 2009-11-02  8:00 Glen Callaghan
From: Glen Callaghan @ 2009-11-02  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Sorry Aditya, my comments on the \noexpand command weren't quite
accurate.

In the earlier version of simple-slides, leaving out the \noexpand
working, and the header and footer information worked properly.

In the new version (with the IncludePicture fix), leaving out
\noexpand just results in the text "empty" appearing at 3 (of the 4)
header/footer positions.

Is it something to do with using variables instead of
moduleparameters? .......... not that I know what they are :-)

cu
Glen

* Re: IncludePicture problem with adityam / simple-slides
@ 2009-11-02  7:45 Glen Callaghan
From: Glen Callaghan @ 2009-11-02  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Thanks for the speedy fix, Aditya - that works now.

Thanks also for putting together the simple-slides module - very nice
to use!

By the way, in simpleslides-s-Split.tex, we found we had to remove the
\noexpand command from three lines like this one:

draw \sometxt[simpleslides:sometxt:left]{\noexpand\moduleparameter
{simpleslides:title}{date}}

With the \noexpand command left in, most of the header and footer
information didn't work.

thanks
Glen