* Re: bib module error with context 2008.10.23
@ 2008-10-27 17:34 Michael Green
From: Michael Green @ 2008-10-27 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Michael Green wrote:
>>
>> I noticed that the modules.contextgarden.net/bib page says you're
>> editing the apa style. Here are two corrections I made. Perhaps they
>> will help.
>
> I just uploaded a new version to the garden, with your patches
> for bibl-apa.tex. Please give it a try:
>
>   http://modules.contextgarden.net/bib
>
> Best wishes,
> Taco

Thanks! It works fine.

I found a different problem with footnotes that I'm pretty sure is
unrelated. I'll post a separate message.

mjg

* Re: bib module error with context 2008.10.23
@ 2008-10-27  9:30   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-10-27  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

       [not found] <mailman.1.1224928802.9707.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2008-10-26 16:11 ` Michael Green
From: Michael Green @ 2008-10-26 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>> Michael Green wrote:
>>
>>> After updating the minimals for OSX-intel, I get an error when using
>>> the bib module. Here's the relevant bit of the log.
>>>

>> you need a new bib module
>>

> Not just that, you need a bib module that doesn't exist yet.
> I will do a new upload to modules.contextgarden on monday.
>
> Best wishes,
> Taco

Great!

I noticed that the modules.contextgarden.net/bib page says you're
editing the apa style. Here are two corrections I made. Perhaps they
will help.

1. line 286: changed  \insertpublisher{. }{.}{.} to  \insertpublisher
{ }{.}{.}

Why: prevents double periods after the title. It's what you did for
several other publication types in the version you sent me on August 10.

2. line 384: commented out insertpublisher line

Why: this is the entry for unpublished documents so I wasn't sure why
it was there. More importantly, if it is left uncommented, there are
two periods after the title.

Thanks!

mjg

* Re: bib module error with context 2008.10.23
@ 2008-10-25  8:49   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-10-25  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2008-10-25  8:39 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-10-25  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael Green wrote:
> After updating the minimals for OSX-intel, I get an error when using
> the bib module. Here's the relevant bit of the log.

you need a new bib module

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2008-10-24 17:57 Michael Green
From: Michael Green @ 2008-10-24 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

After updating the minimals for OSX-intel, I get an error when using
the bib module. Here's the relevant bit of the log.

Thanks!

p.s. this isn't urgent for me. I'm just rolling back to the previous,
working installation.

ConTeXt  ver: 2008.10.23 17:32 MKIV  fmt: 2008.10.24  int: english/
english

[snip]

system         : module bib loaded
(/Volumes/Data/Users/mjg14747/Applications/context/tex/texmf-context/
tex/context/bib/t-bib.tex
! Undefined control sequence.
<argument> \v!author

\p!compareprocessaction ...]->\edef \!!stringb {#1
                                                   }\ifx \!!stringb \s!
defaul...
\next2 #1,->\p!doprocessaction {#1}
                                    \doprocesscommaitem
<argument> ...v!author =>\def \bibstyle {cont-au},
                                                    \v!title =>\def
\bibstyle...
\processnextcommalist ...dodoprocesscommaitem #4#5
                                                   ,]\relax \global
\advance ...
\dosetupbibtex ...nown =>\def \bibstyle {cont-no}]
                                                   \ifx \@@pbdatabase
\empty ...
l.314 \dosetupbibtex[bibtex=bibtex]