* fontloader.open() fails on Heiti from acroread fonts
@ 2013-02-09 13:50 Philipp Gesang
From: Philipp Gesang @ 2013-02-09 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt ML

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1393 bytes --]

Hi all,

I’m not sure this is a Luatex or Context bug so please feel free
to forward this to the appropriate ML if necessary.

With the latest standalone (Luatex beta-0.74.0-2012122510,
Context 2013.02.05 22:32) the font db builder fails at Adobe
Heiti as distributed with acroread:

    [14:33:17=>phg@phlegethon=> ~/tmp/ctx/fontdb] mtxrun --script fonts --reload
    <... />
    fonts           | names | adding path from OSFONTDIR: /home/phg/.fonts
    fonts           | names | globbing path /usr/share/fonts/**.otftexlua: ../../../source/texk/kpathsea/cnf.c:255: kpathsea_cnf_get: Assertion `kpse->program_name' failed.
    Aborted (core dumped)

(Full log attached.) All fonts, even Adobe stuff, up until Heiti
are processed without complaint. I traced the issue to a call to
fontloader.open() in font-syn.lua, line 221. To reproduce it, run
this code through texlua:

    #!/usr/bin/env texlua
    ff = fontloader.open[[/usr/share/fonts/adobe/AdobeHebrew_Regular.otf]] --> works
    print(ff) --> userdata
    ff = fontloader.open[[/usr/share/fonts/adobe/AdobeHeitiStd_Regular.otf]] --> fails
    print(ff)

The problem disappears if I initialize kpathsea first:

    kpse.set_program_name"texlua"

The problem does not occur with TeX Live 2012/Luatex 0.70/Context
2012.05.30 11:26.

Can anyone else reproduce this? Thanks.

Philipp

[-- Attachment #1.1.2: fail.log --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 12753 bytes --]

fonts           | names | warnings are disabled (tracker 'fonts.warnings')
fonts           | names | identifying tree font files with suffix otf
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-project for otf files
fonts           | names | 6 entries found, 0 otf files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-fonts for otf files
fonts           | names | 6 entries found, 0 otf files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-local for otf files
fonts           | names | 43 entries found, 0 otf files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-modules for otf files
fonts           | names | 978 entries found, 0 otf files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-context for otf files
fonts           | names | 2167 entries found, 1 otf files checked, 1 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-linux-64 for otf files
fonts           | names | 74 entries found, 0 otf files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf for otf files
fonts           | names | 3532 entries found, 267 otf files checked, 267 okay
fonts           | names | identifying tree font files with suffix OTF
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-project for OTF files
fonts           | names | 6 entries found, 0 OTF files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-fonts for OTF files
fonts           | names | 6 entries found, 0 OTF files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-local for OTF files
fonts           | names | 43 entries found, 0 OTF files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-modules for OTF files
fonts           | names | 978 entries found, 0 OTF files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-context for OTF files
fonts           | names | 2167 entries found, 0 OTF files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-linux-64 for OTF files
fonts           | names | 74 entries found, 0 OTF files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf for OTF files
fonts           | names | 3532 entries found, 0 OTF files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | 268 tree files identified, 56 skipped, 34 duplicates, 212 hash entries added, runtime 5.206 seconds
fonts           | names | identifying tree font files with suffix ttf
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-project for ttf files
fonts           | names | 6 entries found, 0 ttf files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-fonts for ttf files
fonts           | names | 6 entries found, 0 ttf files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-local for ttf files
fonts           | names | 43 entries found, 0 ttf files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-modules for ttf files
fonts           | names | 978 entries found, 0 ttf files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-context for ttf files
fonts           | names | 2167 entries found, 1 ttf files checked, 1 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-linux-64 for ttf files
fonts           | names | 74 entries found, 0 ttf files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf for ttf files
fonts           | names | 3532 entries found, 55 ttf files checked, 55 okay
fonts           | names | identifying tree font files with suffix TTF
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-project for TTF files
fonts           | names | 6 entries found, 0 TTF files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-fonts for TTF files
fonts           | names | 6 entries found, 0 TTF files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-local for TTF files
fonts           | names | 43 entries found, 0 TTF files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-modules for TTF files
fonts           | names | 978 entries found, 0 TTF files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-context for TTF files
fonts           | names | 2167 entries found, 0 TTF files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-linux-64 for TTF files
fonts           | names | 74 entries found, 0 TTF files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf for TTF files
fonts           | names | 3532 entries found, 0 TTF files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | 56 tree files identified, 27 skipped, 19 duplicates, 29 hash entries added, runtime 0.071 seconds
fonts           | names | identifying tree font files with suffix ttc
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-project for ttc files
fonts           | names | 6 entries found, 0 ttc files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-fonts for ttc files
fonts           | names | 6 entries found, 0 ttc files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-local for ttc files
fonts           | names | 43 entries found, 0 ttc files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-modules for ttc files
fonts           | names | 978 entries found, 0 ttc files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-context for ttc files
fonts           | names | 2167 entries found, 0 ttc files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-linux-64 for ttc files
fonts           | names | 74 entries found, 0 ttc files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf for ttc files
fonts           | names | 3532 entries found, 0 ttc files checked, 0 okay
[...]
fonts           | names | 0 tree files identified, 0 skipped, 0 duplicates, 0 hash entries added, runtime 0.062 seconds
fonts           | names | identifying tree font files with suffix dfont
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-project for dfont files
fonts           | names | 6 entries found, 0 dfont files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-fonts for dfont files
fonts           | names | 6 entries found, 0 dfont files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-local for dfont files
fonts           | names | 43 entries found, 0 dfont files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-modules for dfont files
fonts           | names | 978 entries found, 0 dfont files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-context for dfont files
fonts           | names | 2167 entries found, 0 dfont files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-linux-64 for dfont files
fonts           | names | 74 entries found, 0 dfont files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf for dfont files
fonts           | names | 3532 entries found, 0 dfont files checked, 0 okay
[...]
fonts           | names | 0 tree files identified, 0 skipped, 0 duplicates, 0 hash entries added, runtime 0.061 seconds
fonts           | names | identifying tree font files with suffix afm
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-project for afm files
fonts           | names | 6 entries found, 0 afm files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-fonts for afm files
fonts           | names | 6 entries found, 0 afm files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-local for afm files
fonts           | names | 43 entries found, 0 afm files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-modules for afm files
fonts           | names | 978 entries found, 0 afm files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-context for afm files
fonts           | names | 2167 entries found, 10 afm files checked, 10 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-linux-64 for afm files
fonts           | names | 74 entries found, 0 afm files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf for afm files
fonts           | names | 3532 entries found, 96 afm files checked, 96 okay
fonts           | names | identifying tree font files with suffix AFM
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-project for AFM files
fonts           | names | 6 entries found, 0 AFM files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-fonts for AFM files
fonts           | names | 6 entries found, 0 AFM files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-local for AFM files
fonts           | names | 43 entries found, 0 AFM files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-modules for AFM files
fonts           | names | 978 entries found, 0 AFM files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-context for AFM files
fonts           | names | 2167 entries found, 0 AFM files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf-linux-64 for AFM files
fonts           | names | 74 entries found, 0 AFM files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | scanning /home/phg/context/tex/texmf for AFM files
fonts           | names | 3532 entries found, 0 AFM files checked, 0 okay
fonts           | names | 106 tree files identified, 0 skipped, 0 duplicates, 106 hash entries added, runtime 0.163 seconds
fonts           | names | identifying system font files with suffix otf
fonts           | names | adding path from OSFONTDIR: /usr/share/fonts
fonts           | names | adding path from OSFONTDIR: /home/phg/.fonts
fonts           | names | globbing path /usr/share/fonts/**.otftexlua: ../../../source/texk/kpathsea/cnf.c:255: kpathsea_cnf_get: Assertion `kpse->program_name' failed.

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 198 bytes --]

* Re: fontloader.open() fails on Heiti from acroread fonts
@ 2013-02-09 17:03 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-02-09 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 09.02.2013 um 14:50 schrieb Philipp Gesang <Philipp.Gesang@alumni.uni-heidelberg.de>:

> Hi all,
>
> I’m not sure this is a Luatex or Context bug so please feel free
> to forward this to the appropriate ML if necessary.
>
> With the latest standalone (Luatex beta-0.74.0-2012122510,
> Context 2013.02.05 22:32) the font db builder fails at Adobe
> Heiti as distributed with acroread:
>

>    [14:33:17=>phg@phlegethon=> ~/tmp/ctx/fontdb] mtxrun --script fonts --reload
>    <... />
>    fonts           | names | adding path from OSFONTDIR: /home/phg/.fonts
>    fonts           | names | globbing path /usr/share/fonts/**.otftexlua: ../../../source/texk/kpathsea/cnf.c:255: kpathsea_cnf_get: Assertion `kpse->program_name' failed.
>    Aborted (core dumped)
>
> (Full log attached.) All fonts, even Adobe stuff, up until Heiti
> are processed without complaint. I traced the issue to a call to
> fontloader.open() in font-syn.lua, line 221. To reproduce it, run
> this code through texlua:
>
>    #!/usr/bin/env texlua
>    ff = fontloader.open[[/usr/share/fonts/adobe/AdobeHebrew_Regular.otf]] --> works
>    print(ff) --> userdata
>    ff = fontloader.open[[/usr/share/fonts/adobe/AdobeHeitiStd_Regular.otf]] --> fails
>    print(ff)
>
> The problem disappears if I initialize kpathsea first:
>
>    kpse.set_program_name"texlua"
>
> The problem does not occur with TeX Live 2012/Luatex 0.70/Context
> 2012.05.30 11:26.
>
> Can anyone else reproduce this? Thanks.

I get the same error message when I try to build the font database but the font itself works.

\starttext
\definedfont[file:adobeheitistdregular.otf]Adobe Heiti Std Regular
\stoptext

Wolfgang