* please explain
@ 2020-08-06 19:30 Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2020-08-06 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt

This MWE is an example of strange font behaviour according to the log and I do not understand what is causing it.
ConTeXt complains "check count_components with mkiv" when the word 'suffi' is present (see log message below).

Now comes the most strange: remove 'suffi' or shorten to 'suff' and the message goes away.
I have put the full set of files inside the zip.

dr. Hans van der Meer

\setupbodyfont[termes]
\starttext
%=================================================================
ConTeXt versie \contextversion \crlf
%=================================================================
this here: suffi (but suff is ok!)
%=================================================================
\starttyping
fonts/mkiv/type-imp-texgyre.mkiv'
close source    > level 3, order 4, name '/Users/hansm/TeX/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/fonts/mkiv/type-imp-texgyre.mkiv'
fonts           > !
fonts           > ! check count_components with mkiv !
fonts           > !
\stoptyping
\stoptext

[-- Attachment #1.2.1: Type: text/html, Size: 4123 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #1.2.2: suffi-test.zip --]
[-- Type: application/zip, Size: 16380 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #1.2.3: Type: text/html, Size: 367 bytes --]

* Re: please explain
@ 2020-08-07  7:29 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2020-08-07  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 6 Aug 2020, at 21:30, Hans van der Meer <havdmeer@ziggo.nl> wrote:
>
> This MWE is an example of strange font behaviour according to the log and I do not understand what is causing it.
> ConTeXt complains "check count_components with mkiv" when the word 'suffi' is present (see log message below).
>
> Now comes the most strange: remove 'suffi' or shorten to 'suff' and the message goes away.
> I have put the full set of files inside the zip.

Looks like it is a warning from Hans, mostly for himself. It is because ffi is a multi-part ligature.
As long as the output looks ok, I do not think you have to pay attention.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: please explain
@ 2020-08-07  7:49   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2020-08-07  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 8/7/2020 9:29 AM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

>> On 6 Aug 2020, at 21:30, Hans van der Meer <havdmeer@ziggo.nl> wrote:
>>
>> This MWE is an example of strange font behaviour according to the log and I do not understand what is causing it.
>> ConTeXt complains "check count_components with mkiv" when the word 'suffi' is present (see log message below).
>>
>> Now comes the most strange: remove 'suffi' or shorten to 'suff' and the message goes away.
>> I have put the full set of files inside the zip.
>
> Looks like it is a warning from Hans, mostly for himself. It is because ffi is a multi-part ligature.
> As long as the output looks ok, I do not think you have to pay attention.
You're right. When there is such a message and it's not ok it means i
need to look at it. It relates to a change in keeping track of the
ligature indices that is needed when one deals with marks and such and
the message was added when I changed the method to keep track of that.

Hans

* Re: please explain
@ 2020-08-07  8:14   ` Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2020-08-07  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)