* Yet another math symbol
@ 2007-01-14 11:46 Oliver Buerschaper
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Oliver Buerschaper @ 2007-01-14 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I'm struggling to typeset the math symbol "identity" ... it looks
like a "1" but with double vertical lines. Hints very welcome ;-)

What if we put together an extensive table of all math symbols
available in ConTeXt at some point?

Oliver

* Re: Yet another math symbol
@ 2007-01-14 13:35 ` andrea valle
From: andrea valle @ 2007-01-14 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

(Guessing)

$\parallel$

HTH

I use a "TeX reference Card" page I found on the web but I really agree
with you

Best

-a-

On 14 Jan 2007, at 12:46, Oliver Buerschaper wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm struggling to typeset the math symbol "identity" ... it looks
> like a "1" but with double vertical lines. Hints very welcome ;-)
>
> What if we put together an extensive table of all math symbols
> available in ConTeXt at some point?
>
> Oliver

Andrea Valle
DAMS - Facoltà di Scienze della Formazione
Università degli Studi di Torino
http://www.semiotiche.it/andrea
andrea.valle@unito.it

* Re: Yet another math symbol
@ 2007-01-14 13:50 ` cormullion
From: cormullion @ 2007-01-14 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2007-01-14, at 11:46.0, Oliver Buerschaper wrote:

> I'm struggling to typeset the math symbol "identity" ... it looks
> like a "1" but with double vertical lines. Hints very welcome ;-)
>
> What if we put together an extensive table of all math symbols
> available in ConTeXt at some point?

no answers, but can you see it with \showmathcharacters ?

* Re: Yet another math symbol
@ 2007-01-14 15:10   ` Oliver Buerschaper
From: Oliver Buerschaper @ 2007-01-14 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wicked! That already comes quite close to a nice lookup table ...

However, I can't see my little identity symbol :-(

Any other ideas? Is it perhaps contained in \Bbb in some character slot?

Oliver

@ 2007-01-14 15:12   ` Oliver Buerschaper
From: Oliver Buerschaper @ 2007-01-14 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

No, it's not this one, but really the figure "1" only featuring a
double vertical stroke ... like {\Bbb R}.

Oliver

> (Guessing)
>
> $\parallel$
>
> HTH
>
> I use a "TeX reference Card" page I found on the web but I really
> agree
> with you
>
> Best
>
> -a-
>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm struggling to typeset the math symbol "identity" ... it looks
>> like a "1" but with double vertical lines. Hints very welcome ;-)
>>
>> What if we put together an extensive table of all math symbols
>> available in ConTeXt at some point?
>>
>> Oliver

* Re: Yet another math symbol
@ 2007-01-14 17:14 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-01-14 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007, Oliver Buerschaper wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm struggling to typeset the math symbol "identity" ... it looks
> like a "1" but with double vertical lines. Hints very welcome ;-)

Do you mean something like 1 at the end of eq (23) page 4 (3231) at
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~adityam/publications/conferences/cdc2006.pdf

That symbol is from dsfont package in LaTeX. Fonts are not my forte,
but maybe it can be used the same way as rsfs fonts.
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Rsfs

Aditya

* Re: Yet another math symbol
@ 2007-01-14 17:36   ` Oliver Buerschaper
From: Oliver Buerschaper @ 2007-01-14 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Exactly!

Oliver

> Do you mean something like 1 at the end of eq (23) page 4 (3231) at
> http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~adityam/publications/conferences/
> cdc2006.pdf

* Re: Yet another math symbol
@ 2007-01-14 18:52   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-01-14 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

andrea valle wrote:
> (Guessing)
>
> $\parallel$
>
> HTH
>
> I use a "TeX reference Card" page I found on the web but I really agree
> with you

\showmathcharacters

sometimes helps

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Yet another math symbol
@ 2007-02-24  9:54     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-02-24  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007, Oliver Buerschaper wrote:

> Exactly!
>
> Oliver
>

>> Do you mean something like 1 at the end of eq (23) page 4 (3231) at
>> http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~adityam/publications/conferences/
>> cdc2006.pdf

Since I needed to use it in ConTeXt also, here is how to use it.
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Doublestroke

I reused the mb family since I do not expect anyone to use double
stroke with blackboard bold.

Aditya