* normal font incorrectly set to italic
@ 2010-11-21 12:56 Philipp A.
From: Philipp A. @ 2010-11-21 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

hi,
when i build my context mark iv font database via mtxrun --script font
--reload, for some fonts i get italics when i want normal fonts, most
notably with “cambria” and “envy code r”.

with cambria, this is likely due to the fact that the regular and math
variants are served within a .ttc file.
\setmainfont[Cambria][regularfont=Cambria
Math] does the trick (i use simplefonts), as well as some obscure chinese
ttc2ttf program i found on the web.

with envy code r, i have no idea.
mtxrun --script fonts --list --all --pattern="envy*" yields:
envycoder                            envycoder
/home/phil/.fonts/Envy Code R 7/Envy Code R.ttf
envycoderbold                        envycoderbold
/home/phil/.fonts/Envy Code R 7/Envy Code R Bold.ttf
envycoderitalic                      envycoderitalic
/home/phil/.fonts/Envy Code R 7/Envy Code R Italic.ttf
envycodernormal                      envycoderitalic
/home/phil/.fonts/Envy Code R 7/Envy Code R Italic.ttf

you can see the problem. how can i circumvent it?

thanks, phil

* Re: normal font incorrectly set to italic
@ 2010-11-22  7:28 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-11-22  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)