From: Thomas A.Schmitz <thomas.schmitz@uni-bonn.de>
Subject: Re: Greek font
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 00:07:00 +0200	[thread overview]

Well, it's me again. I spent the entire weekend trying to set this up,
but so far, I haven't had any real success. I tried a couple of things
like different encodings with pfaedit, I tried texfont, fontinst,
t1utils... I thought that defining the ligatures in a .vf-file would be
the best approach. Well, it did work, but only kind of: I could create
a .vpl-file via afm2tfm and edit it, introducing the ligatures I
needed. These ligatures would then work as expected. The only problem
was that when I recoded this .vpl to a .vf and a .tfm and installed the
.tfm, it would miss a couple of characters--they were just gone (like
uppercase D, G and P), their slots empty. When I actually installed the
.vf-file in the "texmf/fonts/vf/"-folder, I would get no glyphs at all,
sometimes a bunch of warnings about duplicate definitions.
Please bear with me if I'm getting on your nerves--this my third or
fourth attempt to use ConTeXt. I just love it, it's wonderful and makes
so many things so easy. But every time, using Greek is the stumbling
block for me. unfortunately, writing in classical Greek is part of my
job, so if I can't make it work in acceptable quality, I will have to
me to people with professional knowledge who might be able to help for
a fee?