I have a number of slides using \...framedtext blocks to break the slides into panes within a TABLE environment (TMI: not in MWE; merely my justification for writing the wrapper macros). When the TABLE macros are invoked explicitly it all works fine and produces a suitable single-cell table with "quux blech baz bar foo" framed; when embedded in macros (whether defined by \def, \unexpanded\def, \define) then it fails with the error "The file ended when scanning an argument. => fatal error: return code: 256. A previous question on the topic seemed to indicate that TABLE was suitable, so I figure that something subtle is wrong as I've invoked the embedded TABLE macros. Any suggestions? Many thanks, ---K MWE: this code fails if the \...PaneSlide block is uncommented, succeeds if commented out. \define\startPaneSlide{\bTABLE} \define\startPaneRow{bTR\bTD} \define\stopPaneRow{\eTD\eTR} \define\stopPaneSlide{\eTABLE} \starttext \bTABLE \bTR\bTD quux blech baz bar foo \eTD\eTR \eTABLE \startPaneSlide \startPaneRow foo bar baz blech quux \stopPaneRow \stopPaneSlide \stoptext Kevin W. Rudd, Ph.D. CAPT, USN (Ret) Computer Architecture & Computer Engineering Advanced Computing Systems (ACS) Research Program Laboratory for Physical Sciences (LPS) 443-654-7878 kevin@lps.umd.edu Visiting Research Professor United States Naval Academy rudd@usna.edu