Dear Luigi and listers, Last year, I need to write a text for a linear algebra class. Since there are many \startmatrix ¡¦ \stopmatrix and matrix calculations, I wrote a lua code which did matrix calculations and writing with a lot of help from this list. Using the code, I can write class materials easily. It is good enough for my purpose. I am not good in Lua coding, so there may be many things to be checked for efficiency and for stability. However, I attached the code because there may be someone who need it. It is also good thing to return what I get from the list back. I hope that you enhance the code for better performance since you are an expert in Lua. I always thank to this list and to developers of ConTeXt. Best regards, Dalyoung