* TeXshow failing
@ 2004-07-28 13:11 Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2004-07-28 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

Don't know where to fix this:
When I try to run texshow from the command line the following error occurs:

Empty compile time value given to use lib at
c:/mytex/texmf/scripts/context/perl
/texshow.pl line 42
Can't locate cont_mis.pm in @INC (@INC contains:  C:/Program
Files/Perl/lib C:/P
rogram Files/Perl/site/lib .) at
c:/mytex/texmf/scripts/context/perl/texshow.pl
line 65.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
c:/mytex/texmf/scripts/context/perl/texshow
.pl line 65.

I wonder why texexec.pl is looking for the cont_mis.pm in the Perl
directory, while it resides in the same directory as texexec.pl itself?

When starting texshow within Scite it fails to come up. I believe that
it is the same problem though.

Could you please have a look into this?

Kind regards Willi

* Re: TeXshow failing
@ 2004-07-28 15:20 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2004-07-28 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 28.07.2004 um 15:11 schrieb Willi Egger:
> I wonder why texexec.pl is looking for the cont_mis.pm in the Perl
> directory, while it resides in the same directory as texexec.pl
> itself?

That's Perl's default error message if it can't find something. Files
in the actual directory are always found first.
But probably you weren't in the same dir as texshow?

You could copy the Perl module (.pm) into a dir that is searched by
Perl, or try to include ConTeXt's script dir in Perl's INC path (sorry,
I forgot where it is set).

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/